• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

IMF advice to HM government

I'll ask you again, why should the gov't take advice that they don't agree with?

What advice has the IMF actually given?

Article says that the IMF are due in May for consultations and make recommendations then, so why complain now?

The only time 'clearly' appeared in the original article you posted was in this sentence...

Christine Lagarde said:
"We clearly support the [austerity] policy," she said.

In fairness to you, Christine Lagarde did go on to say that "[But] we've also said that, should growth be particularly low, then there should be consideration to adjusting by way of slowing the pace [of austerity]"

But, then, the same the article you posted also reads:

BBC said:
But speaking ahead of a high-level meeting of policymakers in Washington, she refused to be drawn on whether UK should reassess its austerity policy.

Ah, then you popped up an entirely different Guardian link for us. Now it's clear.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/business/2013/apr/18/bank-england-carney-uk-crisis-country

Even Osborne's new appointee to the Bank of England's top job thinks we're a "crisis country."

I assume he's referring to the UK, even though your comment seems to indicate Spain.

Nothing new though and been done to death on here. Labour created the mess, Tories drowning in it. Perhaps it might have been good to see the Labour government remain in power at the last election and see the country bankrupted. That way the Labour party would have been gone for a very long time.

I assume he's referring to the UK, even though your comment seems to indicate Spain.

Nothing new though and been done to death on here. Labour created the mess, Tories drowning in it. Perhaps it might have been good to see the Labour government remain in power at the last election and see the country bankrupted. That way the Labour party would have been gone for a very long time.

FYI,I hold a British passport.

In addition,I think you'll soon get the chance to see a Labour government continue with the policies that injected a modest amount of growth into the UK's economy back in 2010.Especially now that unemployment is higher than when Labour left office in 2010.

Back