• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Question Inbox bingo

Yorkshire Blue

Super Moderator⭐
Staff member
I've just had a blitz on the number of e-mails in my inbox at work, but it's Friday afternoon and I now can't face filing away any more today. So I'll instead while away the time by asking how many e-mails have 'Zoners got in their inbox?

I'll open the bidding with 2,159 in the inbox for my main e-mail account.

Yes, I am bored.

We have gmail at work, i've got 30 email threads which are basically things I need to do, and I have 11 starred emails which are things I really need to do. All other emails are archived (14k) and the rest deleted.

I have 3. As soon as an email comes in it gets either filed or dealt with. I only have three that still need an action of some kind.

pic.JPG

In my biggest folder i have 14,542 in my inbox... that is just the unread emails as well.

4724 (902 unread)....ready need to go through that sometime!

how the hell do you lot sleep at night? Got about 10 at most that haven't been dealt with.

The best advice I ever got about this was from a group of lawyers I used to teach at the UOC(Catalan Open Univeristy).They all used to get hundred of emails every day.Their technique was simple.Spend half an hour at the begining of the day dealing with the most important ones,do the same at the end of the day.Problem solved.QED.Works fine for me too.

how the hell do you lot sleep at night? Got about 10 at most that haven't been dealt with.

Who said anything about sleeping? :winking:

Anyway, it's not that they haven't been read/dealt with, but that they haven't been filed.

The best advice I ever got about this was from a group of lawyers I used to teach at the UOC(Catalan Open Univeristy).They all used to get hundred of emails every day.Their technique was simple.Spend half an hour at the begining of the day dealing with the most important ones,do the same at the end of the day.Problem solved.QED.Works fine for me too.

If only the most important ones could be dealt with in half an hour!

I have numerous filters set up and distribute my mails into various folders.

In total I have about 27,000 and I reveive about 2,000 a week (many automated hence the many filters)

I try and keep a rolling 3 months worth and have a purge at the end of each month.

I have numerous filters set up and distribute my mails into various folders.

In total I have about 27,000 and I reveive about 2,000 a week (many automated hence the many filters)

I try and keep a rolling 3 months worth and have a purge at the end of each month.

You do know you're repeating yourself Rudi?You do know you're repeating yourself Ruddi?:winking:

The way you make friends, or should I say enemies, I'm surprised you recieve any emails at all :winking:

1098. I go through them every now and then and delete ones I don't need.

Back