• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Inflation up to 4.4%

I am starting to get concerned about the rising price of groceries.

I worked out that my family are doing around £800 a month at Sainsburys. (Spending, not stealing.)

to save on electricity i'm keeping all my posts short:

yeah i'm bothered

The people of Britain have been overspending for too long. Its about time everyone started living to their means again.

and will my (overdue) payrise be in line with that.....my arse it will

This is the whole problem though isn't it? The cost of everything essential is rising far and away more quickly than our wages, which is why so many people are struggling. The number of repossessions and bankruptcies is increasing month on month I believe.

I don't think I'm quite near £800 yet, but probably £600 easily on the weekly shop over a month and then the milk and occasional forays elsewhere on top, I'm probably not too far off. It's truly frightening to think how much a fairly basic menu of food costs for a family of 4 over the course of one day.

This is the whole problem though isn't it? The cost of everything essential is rising far and away more quickly than our wages, which is why so many people are struggling. The number of repossessions and bankruptcies is increasing month on month I believe.

I don't think I'm quite near £800 yet, but probably £600 easily on the weekly shop over a month and then the milk and occasional forays elsewhere on top, I'm probably not too far off. It's truly frightening to think how much a fairly basic menu of food costs for a family of 4 over the course of one day.

Thats nothing Kay .. how do you think us single lads are meant to be able to afford our takeaways and endless offy raids .. its getting ridiculous !!!!!!

As a lady pointed out to me in a queue at my local Tesco's Metro, I could have made my own pizza dough and topped it myself for a fraction of the price. I could and I could also go on holiday in France or the UK not to mention going out less, walking rather than using public transport, mending stuff rather than replacing it and losign less balls on the golf course.

Surely the whole point of studenthood is to teach you ways to cope when there's an economic downturn.

Beans on toast, thankyou very much...

Back