• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Introduction of goal line technology

south247

Coach⭐
How might this impact I wonder long term on non premier league football (which might have it in New Year). With estimates of it costing $250 k to introduce will lower league clubs eventually have to comply?? Will it be a condition of getting into the Prem league (I suggest still a few years off for us!!)

Might be hard for us given the scoreboard seems to have given up the ghost

Will never appear in League Two and 250k is peanuts to a Premiership side.

It's a rare occurrence, I can't remember a huge amount of debatable decisions as a southend fan. It'll be worthwhile in the higher leagues where the stakes are higher. Also, it'll be more important in cup competitions where a decision could have a big impact. I'd be very surprised if we saw it in L1 and L2

True but what if it was mandatory for Championship. Possibly Europe. OK might not be relevant for us (short term) but I can see wider implications. And we know how the FA can behave

Cant see it outside of the premiership.

Think its worthwhile in doing, but for the amount of times its actually needed i just cant see it being introduced in lower leagues.

Back