• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

iPad Mini, Galaxy Note or SIII

* ORM *

Still Loves Emma Bunton. Roy McDonough is God!
Flying the flag for SUFC in Sai Kung, Hong Kong
For reading work emails which are a nightmare on Bbery. Typically i need to review and respond. I pay for the phone work the subscription to mail service for work emails. Could also do iPhone but the reason I want it is to read and respond to attachments. Being an Apple saddo should I convert?

Tempted to wait for iPad mini which goes 3G here in days. My IPhone is on unsupported network and I'm tied in. Phone plans are cheap here.

Don't want an apple android battle just feedback on viewing word and PDF and occassional s'sheet. Ta.

Im not an android fan or Apple hater as love my iPad.

Personally I prefer my Samsung SIII over the iphone due to the screen size mainly.

I cant really comment on document handling though as never used either but if I had to read word docs I would definitely rather use the SIII than an iPhone just because it makes it easier to read.

Well just found out 4G Mini has arrived in HK. That might tip the scales but mail carrier only supports wifi. Suspect that will change any day now. Price for 32g HKD 4800. Going to Singapore in the week and can get 7% tax back on whatever deal I get. Tax reclaim at airport takes ages though. 5 minutes for cash in hand !!!

I've had a 3GS and now own an SIII and used both for word, email and PDF documents at work and I have to say it's the SIII every time. Mainly due to the screen size really but also I've found the SIII to be quite a bit faster that my old iPhone, although it was a 3GS and not a new 5.

I've had a 3GS and now own an SIII and used both for word, email and PDF documents at work and I have to say it's the SIII every time. Mainly due to the screen size really but also I've found the SIII to be quite a bit faster that my old iPhone, although it was a 3GS and not a new 5.

Useful thanks - I have an iPhone4 which was a marked improvement on 3. The 4G on iPad mini is interesting. I'll definitely take a closer look at SIII today though. There's a few other Galaxy's I've just found that the mail client supports - so plenty of food for thought. Can also have it installed on iPhone4 or buy a 5 - it's just about possible to work with docs on it but I don't want possible I want perfect.

Now waiting for response to email from mail client to see if they will support iPAD mini 4g - currently only wifi but I suspect that's only because 4G is a new issue

It'll be a huge marketing gaff it it doesn't support 4G in my opinion. Also might be worth looking at the latest Nokia's. Running Wimdows 8 you know it's going to run any office app you care to choose and also run it smoothly. Also consider that it'll be built in to the OS, not an App like either Android of iPhone, so possibly more stable & seamless.

The ipad mini is a brilliant peice of kit, although im happy with my iphone and fat ipad. Able to produce and edit docs for business and all the other apps available. Icloud is now proving a winner being able to access anything from all 3 devices. As I said in the recent tech forum, I really would like to give the Samsung products a test drive to see if they are as good or better than I'm currently used to and happy with

The ipad mini is a brilliant peice of kit, although im happy with my iphone and fat ipad. Able to produce and edit docs for business and all the other apps available. Icloud is now proving a winner being able to access anything from all 3 devices. As I said in the recent tech forum, I really would like to give the Samsung products a test drive to see if they are as good or better than I'm currently used to and happy with

Out of interest what apps do you use to edit and produce docs ?

Loving my ipad mini. I use CloudOn which is brilliant if you're a Dropbox user

Was looking to get a couple of tablets for the kids for crimbo so when over in the uk a couple of weeks ago we went into currys i think were they had bods running around with ipads and the samsung note 10i.
Started talking to the ipad bod and then called the samsung bod over to compare and the ipod bloke gave up because he could not compeat.2 samsungs it is then.

See Samsung are releasing a Windows 8 version of the SIII called the Focus SII.

Windows 8 on a PC makes me want to be sick in my own shoes, however it could be pretty good on a phone, so worth having a look at those. Will be 4G too.

Back