• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Absolutely corking opportunity to give Fred a final 45 mins:winking:

Speak for yourself TrueBlue. im sure many will find it very interesting, be good to see how the new signings ,when we sign some new players are gelling within the team, their fitness and such ,also a true indication that the season is drawing close.

Speak for yourself TrueBlue. im sure many will find it very interesting, be good to see how the new signings ,when we sign some new players are gelling within the team, their fitness and such ,also a true indication that the season is drawing close.

You'll be there then?

Correct for many of our hardcore myself included but friendlys are also a chance to inject some much needed cash thus you need opposition that provides a test which to be fair Ipswich will but a team that will draw a decent gate which in my opinion Ipswich won't you need an arsenal Chelsea west ham Tottenham etc.... However there is still more to come

Good fixture & a proper test for the lads and new players. McCarthy has done well at Ipswich and is competitive enough to want to bring a full squad and make a true game of this.
Wakering and this fixture pencilled in the diary.

Unfortunately I'm on holiday. Shame, I would have looked forward to that one. It's always good to see the new signings, and also to see the old players' new hair cuts.

I'm really hoping for a home game on a Saturday afternoon because I want to take my 4 year old, and try him out before the season starts properly. If he can't last the match then I may have to reconsider taking him to a league game or two.

Correct for many of our hardcore myself included but friendlys are also a chance to inject some much needed cash thus you need opposition that provides a test which to be fair Ipswich will but a team that will draw a decent gate which in my opinion Ipswich won't you need an arsenal Chelsea west ham Tottenham etc.... However there is still more to come

Unfortunately Premier League teams are too busy playing corporate tournaments in China and America to bother with lower league teams like us.

What's the point of a friendly against a reserve/youth prem team ? What would PB learn about the players from that ?

What's the point of a friendly against a reserve/youth prem team ? What would PB learn about the players from that ?

Plenty, I'd say. If previous fixtures against similar oppostion are anything to go by he'd get a chance to see for almost a full 90 minutes how our boys perform when the other team has the ball and he'd also get an opportunity to view the reserve/youth prem team players in close quarters perhaps with a view to bringing one or more of them in.

Friendlies are dross,Ipswich are dross....for that reason, I'm out

Dragon's den rules ok then. Without friendlies, against any team, the players will not achieve anything like match fitness. What would you suggest in their place?

Dragon's den rules ok then. Without friendlies, against any team, the players will not achieve anything like match fitness. What would you suggest in their place?

Pre season mini tournament between us Colchester Orient and Stevenage played at one venue over 2 days.

Pre season mini tournament between us Colchester Orient and Stevenage played at one venue over 2 days.

We had one a few seasons back, seem to remember Mel Capleton in goal and beating either Col Utd or Orient in the final, was played over the week end

Cannot think for the life of me who was in the tournement, seem to remember Orient/Col Utd/Southend and one other team maybe 14 years back ?

We had one a few seasons back, seem to remember Mel Capleton in goal and beating either Col Utd or Orient in the final, was played over the week end

Cannot think for the life of me who was in the tournement, seem to remember Orient/Col Utd/Southend and one other team maybe 14 years back ?

Think Cambridge were the other team.

Watford rings a bell, but not Oxford or Cambridge,that was the boatrace and we were first reserve incase one team sank :winking:

Back