• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Ireland ask for extra World Cup place

Boreham Shrimper

President
According to a BBC article

:D :D :D :D :D

They must be joking surely? I felt sorry for them as much as anyone else after what happened but the fact remains that they would only have drawn the tie over two legs if the hand ball goal hadn't been scored. A replay wasn't possible so I don't see how they can possibly think that they should be given a free ride into the World Cup :nope:

Pathetic.

Even if the goal didn't stand, like it shouldn't have done, it would have been 1-1 on aggregate.

How can they go to a World Cup, as a 33rd team, based on the fact they where going to draw with France.

I think this is an excellent idea.

I want to see them in the World Cup. Put them in the same group as France and then knock them out again with a dodgy handball. It will be hilarious.

They were refused a replay so do the honestly expect this to work ? This is crazy.

Yes, it was a horrible way to lose but let it drop now.

Sebb blatter's press conference was appauling! The bloke is a complete ****

I think the Irish F.A. are really taking the **** now by asking for an extra place. Many teams have suffered at the hands of poor officiating, it's part of the game, until technology comes in.

I think Blatter's behaviour in the meeting was disrespectful, but I can half understand him laughing the request off really.

Let it go now.

A ridiculous situation. Many teams down the years have suffered at the hands of an injustice. Costa Rica would also have a case for being admitted to the World Cup if this is allowed. I would also want a replay of the 1986 Quarter Final (and the Semis and Final). Or better yet, while we're doing arbitrary justice, how about we kick Argentina out of the World Cup next year?

Rejected :)

Not sure why they even bothered giving this the publicity it has got. Time for the Irish to stop whinging and concentrate on qualifying through the group stage for Euro 2012 me thinks!

imo this is all a fix from. Fifa. They must be loving this. They hate the english and irish. They are promoting cheating by letting the scum henry get away with ht.

Back