• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

According to Chris Phillips on Twitter, the Irish striker hasn't gone to Spain with the squad, but we may still be interested in him.

If we were interested surely we would have taken him to Spain to get a good look at him?

It may well be that he couldn't commit to it at such short notice?

No passport? Or no sun tan cream? Too busy watching Wimbledon? :facepalm:

More likely he has other offers of trials whilst we are in Spain and didn't want to put all his potatoes in one basket ........... do you see what I did there?

it may well be that he couldnt commit to it at such short notice?

Fair point, shame as it would be indication as to whether he would fit into the team. You can look at him on and off the pitch and see if he adds to the already great dressing room atmosphere.

After a very quick check, it could be Graham Burke. Former Aston Villa striker, recently released and was on loan at Notts County last season.

Interesting.. was highly rated a few years back. I'd be happy with a relatively young player such as Burke as part of our 3/4 forwards. Any idea how he done at Notts?

That is not even remotely funny ......................:facepalm:

No serious, totally under rated, same time as Maher getting the boo boys on his back every game.

Typical support we get, if not scored 30 goals before Christmas it's a failure, strong on and off the ball, funny how others see different players

UTS

Interesting.. was highly rated a few years back. I'd be happy with a relatively young player such as Burke as part of our 3/4 forwards. Any idea how he done at Notts?

Stats wise, 1 goal and 2 assists in 7 games isn't great. Although he was played on the wing while there. Performance wise from Notts County fans suggest he did well and one of their better loanees.

Stats wise, 1 goal and 2 assists in 7 games isn't great. Although he was played on the wing while there. Performance wise from Notts County fans suggest he did well and one of their better loanees.

Is it not a case of the chicken and the egg here?

If a player was fabulous whilst playing at lower divisions he would move on up quickly a la Britt and be a valuable asset.

If a player is still a prospect/rough diamond/not quite there then there is a risk in signing that player but then he is probably all that we can afford and otherwise he would be looking at clubs higher up the pyramid system.

That's a shame as if the club ever had to play a imprompto game they would have had enough sweaters for goalposts
Well, that's what my momma told me, when I was about knee-high!
She said "Walk tall, walk straight and look the world right in the eye!"
How tall will this striker be?

Burke in 2011
Personal information
Full nameGraham Dylan Burke[SUP][1][/SUP]
Date of birth(1993-09-21) 21 September 1993 (age 21)[SUP][2][/SUP][SUP][3][/SUP]
Place of birthDublin, Ireland
Height5 ft 11 in (1.80 m)[SUP][2][/SUP][SUP][3][/SUP]
Playing positionStriker
Youth career
2009–2012Aston Villa
Senior career*
YearsTeamApps[SUP]†[/SUP](Gls)[SUP]†[/SUP]
2012–2015Aston Villa0(0)
2013→ Shrewsbury Town (loan)3(0)
2015→ Notts County (loan)7(1)
National team
2011Republic of Ireland U193(0)
2013Republic of Ireland U212(0)
* Senior club appearances and goals counted for the domestic league only and correct as of 21 September 2013

Graham Burke

Do we have any confirmation that this is the player in question?

Back