• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

turkishm

Director
Or is it a case that he cant get into the side under the system we play. If its the former, how long can we afford to carry a player that never seems to be free of injuries. If on the other hand he is fit to play, is it about time he had a run in the team, or is that to much of a gamble. I would love to see Fred recapture some of his early career form, but I think deep down, he knows that's not going to happen. So, depending how he shapes up in the second half of the season, could it be his last.

He's come on as a sub in the last few games so he's not injured. It was a shame he got injured when he did as he started the season on fire and it was when he was out of the side we changed system and it's really worked for us.

He is fit enough to start on the bench. Whether he is fit/injury free enough to do 90 minutes we do not know, but Brown obviously is ideally placed to decide that. My guess is that one hefty whack from a Neanderthal defender may finish his knee for ever. Tricky call this, but worth keeping him at the club, as his early season form showed he can still do the business way beyond others who are playing regularly. I love the bloke!

I believe Fred to be fit to start or come on as sub. He is not getting much game time due the system being played and limited opportunities;and it is simply that so speculation of more sinister reasons does not do him, us or anyone any favours.
Thank you!

Or is it a case that he cant get into the side under the system we play.

He's come on as a sub in the last few games so he's not injured.

Interesting question. He might not be 'out injured' but isn't it now accepted that he IS injured and always will be injured? I love the man as everyone else does, but he's surely now working his notice in football terms?

Interesting question. He might not be 'out injured' but isn't it now accepted that he IS injured and always will be injured? I love the man as everyone else does, but he's surely now working his notice in football terms?

Agreed,

Knackered knees are bad news for any player at any level,I doubt if Fred is able to play the full 90 even if he wanted to.

Weren't we thinking the same about Corr though? Although he does put in a hell of a lot of work to be able to play.

This has to be the bottom line. Crying shame for such a talented footballer. O well maybe he will prove everyone wrong, and have a great second half to the season.

i spoke to Freddy before Christmas and although i was too polite to ask about his injury , My dad (who's football dreams were ended by a knee injury) jumped straight in and asked lol , basically said the injury is permanent ...

Sadly, Freddy's days are numbered. By his own admission his knees are gone.

Looks like he will be restricted to cameo sub appearances until the end of the season. After that it will be decision time for the Club and Freddy.

So much rumour and conjecture..
Freddy played the full 90 mins in the recent friendly and is not being rushed back (quite rightly).
Yes he has on ongoing knee problem to manage but so does BBBC (whose is probably worse) but the same speculation is not present. So I assume all that is needed to kill this one dead is for Freddy to start a couple of games.

By the way most footballers are carry some sort of problem sooner or later- and like Freddy had said it a case of learning to work with it (just as BBBC does)

So much rumour and conjecture..
Freddy played the full 90 mins in the recent friendly and is not being rushed back (quite rightly).
Yes he has on ongoing knee problem to manage but so does BBBC (whose is probably worse) but the same speculation is not present. So I assume all that is needed to kill this one dead is for Freddy to start a couple of games.

By the way most footballers are carry some sort of problem sooner or later- and like Freddy had said it a case of learning to work with it (just as BBBC does)

Not really rumour, we know the facts.

He has been out injured with his knee and he has come out and said that his knee now needs to be constantly managed and he cant train full time.

That doesnt mean he cant start any games or is unavailable to play, but at the moment he is still on his way back with just a reserve game and subs appearances so not ready to start, and even if he was he wouldnt have had the opportunity to anyway

I cant see him being the main striker now, with Corr playing the role so well and Barnard now here they both suit the lone striker more so than Eastwood.

Not a bad player to have on the bench if we need some creativity/goals in the last 30 minutes though is he...

This, Think it more likely can play, just maybe not week in week out! Mike Marsh could have been back in league football after he left us with a knee problem but could still do a job for more than one team IIRC.

Cant see Eastwood starting to many games from now to the end of the season but he will still have his part to play.In my opinion still brings something to the side.

Not really rumour, we know the facts.

He has been out injured with his knee and he has come out and said that his knee now needs to be constantly managed and he cant train full time.

That doesnt mean he cant start any games or is unavailable to play, but at the moment he is still on his way back with just a reserve game and subs appearances so not ready to start, and even if he was he wouldnt have had the opportunity to anyway

I cant see him being the main striker now, with Corr playing the role so well and Barnard now here they both suit the lone striker more so than Eastwood.

the rumour is more the comments that he's finished or can no longer start/ play full games

Back