• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

is it happening???

Well seeing as the revised and amended site plans have only just been submitted and posted on the council website, and with a stated determination date of those plans of October I0th? I think it's safe to assume.............not a hope in hell!

I dont know... I have seen movement over at the site this evening. It was a bloke with a metal detector and a dog walker, but movement all the same...

Well seeing as the revised and amended site plans have only just been submitted and posted on the council website, and with a stated determination date of those plans of October I0th? I think it's safe to assume.............not a hope in hell!

That is phase 2 though to be fair. Which is the Retail development. Phase 1 has already been approved, which is the Stadium and Hotel development.

Told you all after the Founders Dinner it wasn't going to happen on 1st August!

That is phase 2 though to be fair. Which is the Retail development. Phase 1 has already been approved, which is the Stadium and Hotel development.

But without the go ahead and approval for phase two of the development phase one cannot start as one is financially integral and dependent upon the other.

No developer in their right mind would start a phase of a development on the assumption that a major condition of financial investment, ie phase two, has still to be granted final approval.

But without the go ahead and approval for phase two of the development phase one cannot start as one is financially integral and dependent upon the other.

No developer in their right mind would start a phase of a development on the assumption that a major condition of financial investment, ie phase two, has still to be granted final approval.

Also is it not Phase 2 (the retail development) that is going to be built first?

Before the 'diggers' can move in the whole site needs to be made secure which will probably involve a few thousand metres of fencing. Putting the fencing up will probably take quite a few days and as of today there is no fencing in place.

Yep, fair do's, didn't think of it like that.

Oh well perhaps we will be on-site just before xmas then.

Looking at both the financial situation, and the fact that Phase 2 has still to be passed, I would be surprised to see anything happening till at least the tail-end of the year.

Also is it not Phase 2 (the retail development) that is going to be built first?

Before the 'diggers' can move in the whole site needs to be made secure which will probably involve a few thousand metres of fencing. Putting the fencing up will probably take quite a few days and as of today there is no fencing in place.

I thought it was the other way around. Sufc had to have a fully operational stadium before work on the retail side could begin. One of the section 106 criteria? I could be confusing myself though.

I thought it was the other way around. Sufc had to have a fully operational stadium before work on the retail side could begin. One of the section 106 criteria? I could be confusing myself though.

I sure RM stated that work would start first on the Retail Park. I seem to remember a 20 month build schedule with work starting on the stadium a few months after the retail side. The Stadium may have to be ready before the retail site opens but that does not mean work will start on the Stadium first.

I dont know... I have seen movement over at the site this evening. It was a bloke with a metal detector and a dog walker, but movement all the same...

Maybe looking for the warchest? did the dogwalker have a bouffant?

Back