• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Is it simon laurent or francis simon?

yogi bear up the cagire

Life President⭐
Just a bit of nonsense to soften the mood of gloom at the moment or something to think about during the day, whilst waiting for news of loan signings.
i was mildly rebuked by Shrimpero on Tuesday evening for using both the names Francis and Laurent to describe Francis Laurent. This understandably led to a bit of confusion and set me thinking if there has been a prior situation when we have had players whose first names and surnames could be interchanged? At the same time, I wondered whether we have ever had so many players in a Southend side whose surname could also be a first name. I can list the following:-

FRANCIS
GRANT
CHRISTOPHE
LAURENT
SPENCER
JOYCE (what's she doing there?)

less evident

PATERSON Joseph (Brit actor)
MOUSSA Sissoko (footballer)
MALONE Sechan (son of Renaud Sechan)
FREEDMAN Porter (fashion brand perhaps that's stretching it a bit!)

Just a bit of nonsense to soften the mood of gloom at the moment or something to think about during the day, whilst waiting for news of loan signings.
i was mildly rebuked by Shrimpero on Tuesday evening for using both the names Francis and Laurent to describe Francis Laurent.

Here's another ...:)... it was Saturday. Laurent wasn't playing Tuesday!

Oh god that's worrying!:O Not sure whether it's politer to take pity on me and ignore it ..................but there again, I'm sure someone else would have pointed it out. In my defense, I suppose all these games are becoming so depressingly similar, it's difficult to differentiate between them. Anyway, all that considered my deliberate error doesn't detract from the spirit of the thread.

Back