• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Question Is it time for us to take a leaf out of Cardiffs book?

Cardiff fans yesterday protested about there chairman Peter Risdale not investing enough in to the squad. In my opinion the situation Cardiff are in ,was our situation about this time a year ago. I beleive as fans we are too fickle accpeting that we are such a small club that we shouldnt be voicing our opinions vocally and somehow believe that in the summer Ron will some how have buckets of cash and that we will have the oportunity to buy players and push for the playoffs next season. Well that is not going o happen. Ron martin is leading this club down to the pitts, we are staring relegation in the face and we are fighting he battle with probably only Barrett and Tllly & Brush who actually gve to ***** about Southend United football club. I believe it is now time to put Ron Martin under pressure to sell the club and thus give the oportunity to the "consortium" to come in and therefore we might actually be able to have a half decent side.

It's investing too much into the squad which got us into this mess in the first place. Now you want more?

Once again, people protest about this apparent consortium without any guarantees or information as to what they are promising.

The Consortium who were going to have us financially self-sufficient within six months? With that grasp of finances I dread to think where we'd end up.

I'd love someone to come in with the money to get this Club back on it's feet. But until we see someone like that come along then it has to be better the devil you know.

It's investing too much into the squad which got us into this mess in the first place. Now you want more?

Once again, people protest about this apparent consortium without any guarantees or information as to what they are promising.

You call £250K on paynter investing ?

Cardiff fans yesterday protested about there chairman Peter Risdale not investing enough in to the squad. In my opinion the situation Cardiff are in ,was our situation about this time a year ago. I beleive as fans we are too fickle accpeting that we are such a small club that we shouldnt be voicing our opinions vocally and somehow believe that in the summer Ron will some how have buckets of cash and that we will have the oportunity to buy players and push for the playoffs next season. Well that is not going o happen. Ron martin is leading this club down to the pitts, we are staring relegation in the face and we are fighting he battle with probably only Barrett and Tllly & Brush who actually gve to ***** about Southend United football club. I believe it is now time to put Ron Martin under pressure to sell the club and thus give the oportunity to the "consortium" to come in and therefore we might actually be able to have a half decent side.

if you bothered to read what was going on you would realise what your proposing is rubbish, its rich coming from you who says I can't be bothered to go Hartlepool to see us lose where's your pride and support gone? you want Ron out? you want questions go down his office and ask him!

Last edited:
Also Cardiff are NOT where we were a year ago! That's a crazy statement. If anything they are a warning to Clubs about spending money before they are earning it. Over the past three years they've spent a crazy amount of money even though they didn't have the new ground and the infrastructure to support that spending until now. So now even though they have the new ground they aren't able to capitalise because their cashflow has been destroyed.

They are where we could be in five years time and are certainly an example of where a new stadium hasn't answered all the problems. A better model is their neighbours. Swansea waited until they had the new ground built before they made significant financial investments into the side and are now a decent bet to be playing Premier League football next season.

Protesting against Ron Martin will really help us to fight relegation ....

Protesting against Ron Martin will really help us to fight relegation ....

No it wouldn't but let's be honest he is getting away with slot with us. He has really screwed us up and a lot lesser fans would have voted with their feet and not gone to games and also sung a lot more negative songs. That's great support by us but I do feel he's getting away with murder without us saying a word. I don't need to go on to try and prove I'm true supporter because I no I am but at the end of day ron has gambled our future in the football to get us into the championship. Sure you gotta take a risk but the way I look at it I only gamble what I can afford to lose. If I bet too much I'm skintight for the rest I'm skint for the rest of the month. Common sense comes to mind.

No it wouldn't but let's be honest he is getting away with slot with us. He has really screwed us up and a lot lesser fans would have voted with their feet and not gone to games and also sung a lot more negative songs. That's great support by us but I do feel he's getting away with murder without us saying a word. I don't need to go on to try and prove I'm true supporter because I no I am but at the end of day ron has gambled our future in the football to get us into the championship. Sure you gotta take a risk but the way I look at it I only gamble what I can afford to lose. If I bet too much I'm skintight for the rest I'm skint for the rest of the month. Common sense comes to mind.

Matt, you know I like you but ffs realise people are blind nobody praised Ron when he saved this club or when we rose up the leagues but now things are not going so well its his fault yet he has advanced this club further then any before him.

trying to think of some other clubs owned by the fans ....

B B B ?? oh yeah BARCELONA ....

it simple really - when you buy your season ticket you get a vote for the chairman/board -

the manager and chairman -

so if you all voted to me to be chairman and I sacked tilson you would vote me out ....

loads of clubs in Germany are owned like this .... it was talked about at Liverpool - the numbers are really easy -

Mr Chairman, what are you going to do about getting us somewhere to play football? You know, what with Ron Martin owning Fossetts Farm and Sainsburys all but owning Roots Hall.

Back