• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Question Is it time the trust ‘stop working with Ron’ and facilitate more robust action

Is it time the trust ‘stop working with Ron’ and facilitate more robust action

• Total voters
This is not working with Ron - this is working with potential buyers
Yes but at some point those potential buyers are going to have to approach Ron. If that is through the Trust, as a conduit as you say, then there needs to be an open channel of dialogue between the Trust and Ron.

This is a good question. One step at a time. Once the views have been collated then options can be put on the table. The best that’s been put forward and not by the trust is the withdrawal of purchasing a season ticket.

This would be just the start. We should reach out to other trusts who have achieved the goal.

Then we should reach out to the MP and council

Then we should reach out to the wider fan base

Then my friend we formulate a plan and maximise leverage to remove Ron and get our club back

So the Trust should do exactly what it has been doing.

Good to know.

This is a good question. One step at a time. Once the views have been collated then options can be put on the table. The best that’s been put forward and not by the trust is the withdrawal of purchasing a season ticket.

This would be just the start. We should reach out to other trusts who have achieved the goal.

Then we should reach out to the MP and council

Then we should reach out to the wider fan base

Then my friend we formulate a plan and maximise leverage to remove Ron and get our club back
Have you not watched the fan group meeting videos? This is what theyve been doing. This post is the exact reason why we need to be a collective and not splinter groups.

I'm struggling to make any real sense of this thread, what is robust action? Unless someone has the legal means or the financial clout to effect a change, said change will not occur. By all means protest and show disgust, it at least shows RM that there is no forgiveness but the reality is that he'll go when he is ready to do so. In the meantime the Trust can try to bring a change from within, sometimes its better to be inside ****ing out than to be outside trying to **** in.

Yes but at some point those potential buyers are going to have to approach Ron. If that is through the Trust, as a conduit as you say, then there needs to be an open channel of dialogue between the Trust and Ron.
Not really - I disagree

The trust only needs to know the details about the offer. If Ron does not consider it then the trust can publicly ramp up more pressure. But what we can do is get rid of all the Ron boys on here that day no one will buy it.

Let face it your ideology of open dialogue does not exist. IF Ron says anything then that has to be taken as gospel. The trust don’t ask any questions back and if they do they just get ignored.

The season ticket withdrawal should be backed and I’ve also read about a forensic deceive which is another excellent idea to establish the facts about what I’m rather is going on

I'm struggling to make any real sense of this thread, what is robust action? Unless someone has the legal means or the financial clout to effect a change, said change will not occur. By all means protest and show disgust, it at least shows RM that there is no forgiveness but the reality is that he'll go when he is ready to do so. In the meantime the Trust can try to bring a change from within, sometimes its better to be inside ****ing out than to be outside trying to **** in.
Here lies the problem

Blackpool and orient didn’t have this attitude and that’s why they succeeded

Not really - I disagree

The trust only needs to know the details about the offer. If Ron does not consider it then the trust can publicly ramp up more pressure. But what we can do is get rid of all the Ron boys on here that day no one will buy it.

Let face it your ideology of open dialogue does not exist. IF Ron says anything then that has to be taken as gospel. The trust don’t ask any questions back and if they do they just get ignored.

The season ticket withdrawal should be backed and I’ve also read about a forensic deceive which is another excellent idea to establish the facts about what I’m rather is going on
I suggest you watch the recent videos from the Supporter Groups because as others have pointed out, I struggle to see anything here that is not already being done. I see your point about open dialogue not existing because Ron doesn't engage, but that is why the Trust is exploring other avenues and has been for weeks.

I think Ron's essential line that has kept a lot of fans from dissenting before (that nobody else will buy the club) has been proven to be rubbish and I think all fans are now aware of that.

I'm interested to hear more about the 'forensic deceive' as I don't know what this is.

i guess robust action is witholding season ticket payments -

electing a board of the fans group to represent us - and to get that group in front of all interested bodies and to get legal advice on a strategy to get rid of the current ownership ..

time to get off our knees -

step one get a properly legally constituted group to represent us ..

FFS - if we had this we could probably raise zillions of funds and get the club bought

The heady mix of angst and passion is giving a few a touch of the vapours. In reality there is beggar all the fans can do to oust RM. It's our club in as much as we choose to support it. In reality it's Ron's club and he needs no permissions from us to build it or break it.

Our fanbase is divided and weak. United it is still weak.

We have passion but, much of it is mindless. Read a million of the posts on here that call RM every derogatory name under the sun and you think he wants to talk with you? Most of us do not know him personally and need to understand we don't dislike the person but dislike what he does. If we can't have a mature and sensible discussion without Ron, then what hope if he were present?

As i have mentioned on other threads our hands are tied and there is very little the fans base can do other than protest.

Not sure what robust action is meant.?

RM doesnt enagage with the fans only when its suits him he holds us in contempt.

It might be beneficial if the Trust and others keep on pressing the MPs who seem to have his ear to get answers to so many questions. The council are under pressure to supply more housing and FF/RH developments they must be pressed to ascertain their views.I dont reside in the borough but some fans do so why not contact your local council members

We all have ideas like not renewing our season ticket but all fans need to be asked by some sort of questionaire what everyone would wish rather than a selective group. If only to find out every ones views.

Please remember not all fans are on social media and many arent on the zone.Probably only get info from the Echo or BBC Essex

We all want to show a UNITED front not a dissUNITED front which plays into RM mindsett

Yep - Southenders contact your local Councillor, get them to tell you what the delay in the planning application is - not just waiting for more info - what more info?

I have emailed Southend planning department twice, but they haven't responded. Rochford planning responded to my first email.

I don't live in the area so have no Councillor to contact

Have the trust or other fan body submitted a FOI request for all information relating to the application and Ron to be produced?

Really don't know how anyone can answer this poll. I can't.
To have a policy of not trying to engage with Ron might actually please him. But not sure it should please us. We should be seeking information and to hold him to account. That might not be easy but we should persist.
I haven't a scooby what more robust action means so how anyone can blindly say yes to that is beyond me.

Have the trust or other fan body submitted a FOI request for all information relating to the application and Ron to be produced?
It's something AAS is looking at doing, but suggestions around wording would be great. For example, surely all written information is already in the public domain? What would be really handy to know is what has been requested about additional information by the council, and what the reason is that the club hasn't provided it. However, I am not sure if this is covered by the Act. I do need to get onto this though and look into it more.

Really don't know how anyone can answer this poll. I can't.
To have a policy of not trying to engage with Ron might actually please him. But not sure it should please us. We should be seeking information and to hold him to account. That might not be easy but we should persist.
I haven't a scooby what more robust action means so how anyone can blindly say yes to that is beyond me.
It’s quite simple really you answer yes or no

It doesn’t say anywhere to not engage with him?

It suggests that when we engage we engage together and with collateral

It’s quite simple really you answer yes or no

It doesn’t say anywhere to not engage with him?

It suggests that when we engage we engage together and with collateral
What it actually said is the the trust "should stop engaging with Ron". You are now saying it doesn’t say anywhere to not engage with him??? Rather what it meant to say, but doesn't, is that when we engage we engage together and with collateral? What is collateral? And further then mentions robust action without defining what it is.

All in all what was already unclear becomes even less so.

Here lies the problem

Blackpool and orient didn’t have this attitude and that’s why they succeeded
That's a gross oversimplification, at least as far as Blackpool is concerned.

There were, in the beginning, two strands to the effort at Blackpool. The militant wing did some stunts that got media headlines and were of a nature that a charitable body (which is what a Trust is) could not possibly be involved in.

The Trust concentrated on the less visible stuff. Intelligence gathering, lobbying the EFL, taking our fight into Parliament, being increasingly involved at national level through the FSA. And ultimately, being the sole supporter group reporting upon court proceedings and their implications.

It was the latter that was most influential in affecting the Judge's eventual decision. Not the stunts, but the dedicated boycott, the advocacy, the campaigning and the communicating.

Your Trust are currently doing most of these things. They have been at pains to stress that a large part of engaging with RM is to put pressure on for an exit strategy - for him. I think that ending that dialogue with nothing in place to replace it would be a mistake. Most of the current uncertainty in your position emanates from him and the way he behaves. Not engaging with him is not going to improve that.

Last edited:
It's something AAS is looking at doing, but suggestions around wording would be great. For example, surely all written information is already in the public domain? What would be really handy to know is what has been requested about additional information by the council, and what the reason is that the club hasn't provided it. However, I am not sure if this is covered by the Act. I do need to get onto this though and look into it more.
I'm pretty certain the council would've requested the additional information in writing so we know that isn't public - but I see no reason why it shouldn't be released as a FOI.

I'm guessing there is huge amount of info that hasn't been made public. I've never made a FOI request, but I think you can be quite general, they can reject if it's too much material/work for them. But I think idea is you don't necessarily have to know exactly what you want - as that sort of defeats the object.

Reactions: Jai
Back