• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Is the Blue Voice Working

DOES TBV WORK?

• Yes

Votes: 25 42.4%
  • No

Votes: 12 20.3%
  • Needs some more time

Votes: 22 37.3%

• Total voters

Yellow Army

Members
Now the Blue Voice is been up and running for a while, do you feel that it is working? Not a slagging of thread, just seeing what people opinions are on TBV.

It was definitely beginning to have a positive effect last season. This season, however, RH has been a lot quieter all around. Especially against Peterborough in the first game - you'd think that would be a time when the place is pretty loud!

I'm still very confident that over time, TBV will achieve their aims.

Yes,fan-tastic in fact.
In the past we've seen mediocre teams turn up at the Hall and the place was like a library.
Now though,we get drumming and singing at a blooming lower league cup tie!

Now the Blue Voice is been up and running for a while, do you feel that it is working? Not a slagging of thread, just seeing what people opinions are on TBV.
Simple answer to a simple question.........Yes, it has worked, the atmosphere is better in the stadium since they started!

I was surprised there wasn't more a Blue Voice ramp up as the season approached. It almost seemed like it had been forgotten apart from the Bluebelles waving the flags at halftime.

Overall the atmosphere at home has improved since TBV answered, but not massively.

Of course it has..

Take Doncaster away in the play offs, the more goals donny scored, the louder we were, it turned from disaster to a decent night out!

We have good away support imo. I wasnt at Walsall and unfortunately wont be at Carlisle either but im sure the support will still be equally as good as previous games. Milwall away was good atmosphere, and this, imho, is down to TBV

I was surprised there wasn't more a Blue Voice ramp up as the season approached. It almost seemed like it had been forgotten apart from the Bluebelles waving the flags at halftime.

Overall the atmosphere at home has improved since TBV answered, but not massively.

Fair comment.

I suppose it was because we was hoping for the North Bank and we really didnt know what was going on so couldn't really prepare ourselves as well as we would of liked. A learning curve...

We all know the acoustics at RH are ****, so we are never going to turn the place into the Ali Sami Yen (Old Galatasaray ground) no matter how much we all try. BUT we can give it a bloody good go with the limited resources at our disposal.

We are not trying to preach on anyone, it's a free country and you say and do as you wish. BUT If the growing reputation of TBV is suffering because of the actions of a mindless few, thats when we need to make a stand and distance ourselves from these people.

We now hope as a group, that most of the supporters now understand that the actions of a few the other night, was in know way attributable to TBV and we will always do our best to drown these chants out.

This is a disease that could quickly spread around the entire ground, so WE ALL as fans of this club need to make a stand, sing louder and make the positive vibes heard.

With your help we can make RH an intimidating place to visit, its all about putting the effort in and showing some real positive passion for the team.

Lets do this people.

Up the BLUES.

Of course it's working, atmosphere at home games has improved since it began. Smiffy, was wondering if the club would let you either paint your flag at the back of the stand or fly one from the drop of the roof at the front, just to make it quite clear how much they consider it all to be part of the club?

Works well. Keep it up.. those half time flags look quite good.. maybe get those dished out to fans for the next big game..

eh? were is the atmosphere? from where i sat against posh, cheltenham and borient, it's like a graveyard. it's always quiet at the hall. the away support is brilliant though. donny away was my best away day ever.

where do you sit?

Most of the noise eminates from the West Stand north corner.

I sit in block V next to the main congregation and the atmosphere since TBV has improved markedly, well apart from those idiots that have been talked about this week but they were there long before TBV and have made their ill-feelings known for too long now.

Last edited:
Not wanting to bring it back to the hot topic of the past few days, but I think the Mildenhall situation could be a true test of TBV.

Keeper who faces the prospect of having his confidence shredded by fans. He has been brought in to dominate his box, organise defence etc, but if his confidence is hit he is unlikely to be so inclined to do this. If TBV can get behind, outsing the morons who abuse him etc then they truly can make a difference.

Not just a test for TBV though but every supporter get should behind the likes of Mildenhall and show them that they have the majority of the crowd behind them and not let the minority set the atmosphere and mood, especially at RH.

Yes we have made a big difference, before TBV was here n one bothered whether we sung or not and just turned up to watch a game of football. Thats when it was decided we need an atmosphere need to bring back the good days... I didn't think i would have to bring the drum out of retirement but i'm glad i have as alot of games it has made an impact and got the crowd going ( along with **** loads of blisters)
We just need to get behind the team next home game, get the flags out and make sure we support for 90 mins...
Some people that sit where the TBV are don't come on here so won't know whats being talked about, so we have a couple of weeks to think long and hard about what we want to achieve at this club, before our next home game.
I for 1 will be well behind Steve Mildenhall while he wears a Southend shirt.

How anyone can say we have not made a difference is beyond me. Ok we haven't turned RH into a cauldron exactly, but its early days yet and still plenty of time for improvement.... but each to their own I suppose..

Take a look at the picture below, we want to make occasions like this, more of a regular thing, but we need your help and support to pull it off...

n831145251_3049972_4461.jpg

flags are ok, but when you get some 12 year old punk sitting in front of you, waving the poxy thing for 90 minutes, right in your line of sight, it can get tedious.

Back