• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Is the Bond/Redknapp combo a masterstroke?

fbm

Blue tinted optimist⭐
I'm putting this out there BEFORE the Fleetwood game, having had a few days for the dust to settle on the events of the week.

I - as I suspect many others - would have their initial thoughts on hearing about Kevin Bond's appointment blocked by the SZ swear filter. But my original, jokey comment about it being so terrible that all the expectations would have immediately disappeared leaving KB only needing to be average to be classed a hero probably aren't that wide of the mark.

And then - Enter the King of the Jungle.

Make no mistake, there is no way that Ron Martin was so blown away by the words, passion and desire shown by our Kev that he had to hire him immediately. In fact, I doubt he was even properly interviewed. This is ALL about Harry Redknapp and probably asking RM to give Bond a chance, with a promise that he'll come along for the ride until the end of the season.

We have loads of kids here, who will love this. 'Arry knows football inside out and if they impress him, they might get a good word put in for them somewhere else as they develop their careers.

So it's all about getting more out of what we have - which is precious little - but if there's something that can encourage our players to dig deeper and maybe give another 5-10%, then something like this could be it.

Couple that with an appointment so apparently MEH that it removes any expectations at all and the pressure is off and it's a no lose gamble. If we go down, well, we'd have gone down anyway. If we survive, the bloke has worked a bloody miracle.

Seriously, this could be a masterstroke.

Maybe we could give Bond a flextension if it all goes t.ts

I’m convinced that the only reason Redknapp showed up at training was to discuss Grand National strategies with his ol’ mucka, Bondy.

I heard he'd picked up a flat in Basildon. You can write him a masterstoke letter there if you want everyone. His address is Basildon Bond. Its a decent pad by all accounts (Pretty contrived eh?)

Why am I suspicious?
Ah yeah, I know why. Arry was struggling with a knee injury when at QPR and left the coaching to Bond and latterly, Steve McClaren.
Mr Redknapp kept shouting: 'luverly people...' when talking about the Rangers board and abandoned ship quicker than a Dutch drugs runner when the luverly people wouldn't give him a bag of money to spend on more players.
One evening he was about to bring Aaron Lennon to Loftus Road, and when that was vetoed, resigned the following morning at 5.30am, citing the bad knee.
Rs were relegated at the end of the season.
One thing about Arry, he knows which way the wind blows.
So why is he at Blues?

Why am I suspicious?
Ah yeah, I know why. Arry was struggling with a knee injury when at QPR and left the coaching to Bond and latterly, Steve McClaren.
Mr Redknapp kept shouting: 'luverly people...' when talking about the Rangers board and abandoned ship quicker than a Dutch drugs runner when the luverly people wouldn't give him a bag of money to spend on more players.
One evening he was about to bring Aaron Lennon to Loftus Road, and when that was vetoed, resigned the following morning at 5.30am, citing the bad knee.
So why is he at Blues?
Investing into the club perhaps?

Why am I suspicious?
So why is he at Blues?

‘Arry won’t be around if we lose a few. If we win a few he’ll be taking all the credit and it was him all along. If we lose a few it will be nothing to do with him and he never had any involvement.

‘Arry won’t be around if we lose a few. If we win a few he’ll be taking all the credit and it was him all along. If we lose a few it will be nothing to do with him and he never had any involvement.

I've been thinking what our dear old mate Harry would be saying about 'Arry. My guess is that it wouldn't have been entirely favourable. :Smile:

Back