• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Is the Freddy Farewell Upon Us ?

Prodigal Son

Manager
If, as many on SZ think, Freddy is set to leave us very soon,could Saturday's match be his last at Roots Hall? Will we give him a great send off?

Will we all go to Coventry to say goodbye?

I think if he is going it will be done quickly so we can spend some of the dosh and won't go to the last minute of the window.

I don't think getting him cup tied will be desired by the signing club.If a deal has been done, maybe New Year's Day could be his last in a Blues shirt.

Personally, I very much hope that he stays.

I hope that he stays and I have a feeling that he might, but if he does leave I'd rather it was on 1st January than the 31st.

I hope to god he's here until the end of the season. Without him, we are truly doomed regardless of who Tilly brings in (unless it's Drogba)

i have said before i think we should sell. i am nw not 100% sure. i don't want him to go but we need new people in. if we can keep him and then get a few people to help him then that would be a dream suitation.

but what really worrys me is that after next year he could go for a free transfer!

Yeah he'll be off in January. I reckon the West Brom home game will be his swansong.

Well I hope he doesn't leave but if he does we need to wrap it up at the start of the transfer window.

If he goes it has to be at the beginning to allow us maximum time to find a replacement.

anyone got any ideas of how much he'd cost now compared to the end of the season? Would his price fall as he would have 6 month less on his contract?

We're down already so cash in now while we can and start rebuilding for League 1.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Stodge @ Dec. 18 2006,13:37)]We're down already so cash in now while we can and start rebuilding for League 1.
Are we? Last time I checked there were 23 games left!

[b said:
Quote[/b] (BrettieAngell @ Dec. 18 2006,13:40)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (Stodge @ Dec. 18 2006,13:37)]We're down already so cash in now while we can and start rebuilding for League 1.
thats 69 points! Add that to the 16 points we already have and thats the playoffs at least!

Freddy probably will be off In January but we have all known this for a while now - I say lets all get over it - its inevitable that he was going to leave esp after "that" goal so lets just hope the money is used wisely to build up the team. I would rather have a few new decent signings to strengthen the team than rely on one goalscorer to keep us up.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Ricky Otto's Dreads @ Dec. 18 2006,13:46)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (BrettieAngell @ Dec. 18 2006,13:40)]
[b said:
thats 69 points! Add that to the 16 points we already have and thats the playoffs at least!

Exactly!

We are just lulling everyone into a false sense of security!

tounge.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Bucks_blue @ Dec. 18 2006,13:10)]If he goes it has to be at the beginning to allow us maximum time to find a replacement.

anyone got any ideas of how much he'd cost now compared to the end of the season? Would his price fall as he would have 6 month less on his contract?
I don't think it'll matter much whether he has 12 months left or 18. But if we're relegated I think you can pretty much half any transfer fee we'd get now.

If he turns in two good performances against Spurs and Birmingham then I don't think we'd ever get a better time to sell him in terms of what price people would be willing to offer.

I'm not particularly convinced someone will come in for him, especially from the Prem. This is the time of the year teams want to improve the team/squad and I don't think a 23-yo with only 3 years league experience is the answer.

I'm not saying he'll never go to the Prem or a bigger club, i'm just not sure it will be now and I for one would be delighted.

RM is a shrewd man, he knows Freddy Eastwood a championship player is worth twice as much as Freddy Eastwood a League One player and that difference could be 2 or 3 players if we are saying Freddy is worth 3m (def not worth less than Stan Collymore and that was 10 years ago)

He will only go if we have replacements lined up. I will say it here first Fergie has seen him close up and he is a manager that buys youth for the future, better coaching and better players can improve a player as far as he is concerned, he just eye's the raw talent. United aren't blessed with strikers, christ they have taken a 35 yr old on a 3 month loan, whats £3 or £4m to Man Utd, one set of gate reciepts basically

To be honest I think RM is a man of his word and unless someone comes in with an offer of £5m+ then Freddy won't leave.

A couple of months ago RM said Freddy wasn't for sale, even if someone offered SUFC £5m+, so I expect either a) a lot of speculation but no firm offers or b) an offer between £1.5-4m which we will reject or c) an offer of £5m+ and then he will go.

Rest easy for now fans

I think someone would be crazy to offer £5mill plus.

In a couple of years time he might be worth that sort of money but not now.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Marky_Gower @ Dec. 18 2006,14:38)]I'm not particularly convinced someone will come in for him, especially from the Prem.  This is the time of the year teams want to improve the team/squad and I don't think a 23-yo with only 3 years league experience is the answer.
There are three teams in the frame - Villa, Portsmouth and Newcastle. Newcastle have a shocking injury list and have a track record on splashing the cash. Portsmouth aren't short of a few bob, aren't blessed with the biggest squad in the world and have seriously targeted a UEFA place. My money's on Villa though and out of the three that would surely be his best career move.

I'll come back in a couple of weeks to acknowledge the accolades.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (* ORM * @ Dec. 18 2006,20:51)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (Marky_Gower @ Dec. 18 2006,14:38)]I'm not particularly convinced someone will come in for him, especially from the Prem.  This is the time of the year teams want to improve the team/squad and I don't think a 23-yo with only 3 years league experience is the answer.
There are three teams in the frame - Villa, Portsmouth and Newcastle. Newcastle have a shocking injury list and have a track record on splashing the cash. Portsmouth aren't short of a few bob, aren't blessed with the biggest squad in the world and have seriously targeted a UEFA place. My money's on Villa though and out of the three that would surely be his best career move.

I'll come back in a couple of weeks to acknowledge the accolades.
GOTTA BE BETTER THAN ANGEL AT THE VILLA

Back