• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Is this true?

Lazy journalism. A few idiots were quite rightly thrown out and banned if I remember correctly - as if Tottenham fans are bastions of morality.....

God forbid a journalist would print the truth....

Yes it did happen the Nazi Saluetes are wrong and so are the gas noises but saying you would rather be a pikey then a Jew so what!!!

I would rather be straight then gay! ohhh sorry!!!!!

I would rather be in bed with Jennifer Ellison rather then Aniston!

Lazy, sensationalist journalism... I'd expect better from The Guardian.

I was at the game, and Eastwood in particular was given particularly bad treatment... If it had been a black player being racially insulted you wouldn't have heard the end of it. A few idiots responded and were chucked out IIRC.

As I recall there was a much increased level of aggression from the first game over in the corner.

The article is a one sided view on what went on and almost suggests the other fans sat quietly in their seats saying and doing nothing.

Perhaps a response to their narrow minded, one sided journalism should be made to the email at the bottom of the article...

football.editor@guardianunlimited.co.uk

But then they are there to sell newspapers and not necessarily to give a balanced view of what went on at the game.....so it would be in poor taste for the truth to get in the way of higher sales figures.

It may be best if one email is sent on behalf on the supporters than a barrage of insults?

but in truth should we really care? let the press say what they like!!

Hate this stereotyping of football fans as mindless morons and bigots when it's clearly not true, though I guess you're right as they'd never re-address the balance.

Journalists: on a par with parasitical worms that live off human filth IMHO.

And the reporter's name is Anna Kessel - another example of the one-issue Zionist dragging up anti-Semitism to make the long-standing point of a down-trodden race. I suggest Ms Kessel makes her way to the Gaza strip or the West Bank (not that off of Shakepeare Drive) to find an example of a down-trodden race.

We were in the corner and there were two guys behind us who got thrown out for continual racist comments and anti-semetic bile. We understood they were Arsenal fans, never seen them before or since so this could well be the case. The problem is that some youngsters thought it was funny and joined in. This gets reported and next thing you know all Shrimpers are racists!

there aint nothing wrong with 'id rather be a pikey than a jew' as someone else said its harmless banter, if they can call use pikeys we can call them jews. but the nazi symbols and gas noises arnt however journos always make the situation sound worse than it is.

And the reporter's name is Anna Kessel - another example of the one-issue Zionist dragging up anti-Semitism to make the long-standing point of a down-trodden race. I suggest Ms Kessel makes her way to the Gaza strip or the West Bank (not that off of Shakepeare Drive) to find an example of a down-trodden race.

Couldn't agree more...being half Egyptian I know all too well how 'oppressed' the Jews are! :thump:

Back