• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

LennySUFC

Director⭐
@CJPhillips1982: Billericay Town boss Craig Edwards insists striker Isaac Layne is close to signing for Southend United. @SUFCRootsHall @BTFC

@CJPhillips1982: News on Layne has yet to be confirmed by anyone at Southend. Edwards added Layne would be part of the development squad . @SUFCRootsHall

Read good things about this lads

edit - mod it's Layne, change the thread title please?

I think we do it normaly some youth and first team players who either cant get into the first team .And the club fouund lots of games for them last season .It seams to be the new name for the reserves .

Yeah, the reserve get games Vs the like of Spurs, **** Ham reserve etc to get games. I can image he be on the bench for first team or even break into the starting 11.

Hmm, sounds like this lad was interesting some pretty big clubs this summer. I'd wait until it's officially confirmed before believing this.

If he's not going to be playing in the first team , I don't really see the point. I know, one for the future yada yada but we need men to stand and face the other 23 teams in L2 to get us out. If Brown lets this lad steps up and he does the business then fair play but I'd rather wages spent on proven players

On the official billericay web site........Isaac Layne has joined us

Last edited:
Blues striker has left the club, joining League Two side Southend United.Layne, 19 has joined Football League side Southend United the club confirmed on Monday evening.
The news comes after the club announced that interest was mounting on the striker, as Layne joined Charlton Athletic on a trial in the opening weeks of the summer.
The young forward will now join up with ex PremierLeague boss Phil Brown's side under the guidance of Southend Development squad manager Graham Coughlan. Isaac will be familar to Shrimpers fans, with the striker playing against Southend over a fortnight ago in the sides 3-1 win at New Lodge, on a night where Isaac caused the League side many problems at the back.
The club would like to wish Isaac all the best for the future and hope that he succeeds in the professional game.

If he's not going to be playing in the first team , I don't really see the point. I know, one for the future yada yada but we need men to stand and face the other 23 teams in L2 to get us out. If Brown lets this lad steps up and he does the business then fair play but I'd rather wages spent on proven players

If we arent limited to 20 players and wages are there to be spent then its actually good we can sign someone like that.

Brown has been very particular about players he signs so must mean he likes him, if he has actually signed (and lacking any updates from SUFC Im not so sure its happened)

If we arent limited to 20 players and wages are there to be spent then its actually good we can sign someone like that.

Brown has been very particular about players he signs so must mean he likes him, if he has actually signed (and lacking any updates from SUFC Im not so sure its happened)

That's very true. Could be the raw talent we need. Feel sorry for Williams though, same kind of player I think

According to CP he hasn't signed yet despite the reports but is set for a medical tomorrow.

Chris Phillips @CJPhillips1982 · 1m
Hearing from Southend sources that Isaac Layne has yet to sign. But he is due to have a medical tomorrow. @SUFCRootsHall @BTFC

Back