• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

It is officially World Cup Month

Kicking the **** out of Valencia for displaying an ounce of talent against this lot. Disgusting

Absolutely no female supporters in the Qatar crowd.... not how a world cup should be. Surprised they let Alex Scott in .....

Absolutely no female supporters in the Qatar crowd.... not how a world cup should be. Surprised they let Alex Scott in .....

The Qatari rent-a-fans have earned their wages though. Non stop swaying and bouncing apparently. Shame they haven’t been briefed on which way to face, but you can’t win them all.

Where are all the women supporters?

Not seen one yet, normally the camera zooms in on the pretty ones, but thinking about it they would all probably have Hijab's on.

Due to segregation they are probably all huddled up in the top tier.

Feels very strange seeing the crowd with the majority of them wearing white. So used to seeing lots of colours in the stadium but either 2 main colours for the teams. Feels like there is 3 teams playing. One in yellow, one in red and one in white

I thought the rule was when the ball is played …not when it reaches you
I think there are 2 ecuador players there - one heads it (although it's not clear he actually does) and then the one whose leg is level plays the ball - so the above freeze is the header on

Has to be up there with one of the worst ever WC opening games? Wasn't even remotely competitive.

So Qatar have won something, they are the first World Cup host team EVER to loose their opening game,

Do the Qatar supporters realise the game is 90 minutes? Most of them looked like they left after 45 mins and did not return to their seats.

That 2nd half was dull wasn’t it? I wasn’t sure I’d watch, but I did. I’m not making a special effort to watch England though as it’s bang in the middle of my work day. USA vs Wales I’ll watch.

Back