• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

It's a (mostly) YES to the New Stadium

No, if you have driven past it, you will however see that Barr, the main contractor, has erected a number of Scottish flags on the North and West stands, which didn't go down too well with some local residents! :angel:

Yes I know bloody jocks, but they are doing a good job so I will let them off :winking:

I haven't seen the actual wording of the relevant parts of the decision letter anywhere else so I thought I would post it:

"The Secretary of State considers that she will not be in a position to reach a decision on this application by 06 March 2008, as previously notified, because of the need to allow parties time to provide a satisfactory planning obligation...she hereby gives notice that she has varied the timetable previously set and she will now issue her decision on or before 27 May 2008."

I have read most of the document and I am sure the above it is not necessarily a problem but it is premature to say we definately have a new ground. It appears that the Inspector was pretty unreserved in his considerations in favour of the applications but Hazel Blears, who is not duty bound to accept all his considerations, seems a bit more cautious, especially about the strip of land by the access:

"The Secretary of State has also considered the Inspector's comments...about the narrow strip of land on the western side of the application site which is in seperate ownership and not covered by the Agreement...she is less sanguine than the Inspector about the implications of the fact that the owners of the land are not co-signatories to the Agreement."

Therefore she asked the parties to submit proposals as to how it might be resolved. If Ron says he has this sorted, then I believe him although in my experience these things often take longer than a few days and I can see why Hazel Blears has allowed 7 weeks to resolve the issue.

To use an analogy, Ron has rounded the goalkeeper and has an empty net in front of him - he just has to put the ball over the line and the stadium is ours.

0,,10444~3088551,00.jpg

0,,10444~3088553,00.jpg

0,,10444~3199168,00.jpg

0,,10444~3093766,00.jpg

Back