• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

It's a (mostly) YES to the New Stadium

Well I would have thought that a provisional sum would have been in place with a risk factor?

Again, possible to include this in provisional sums, but it makes less sense to the Contractor, as they could end up over-estimating the contingency figure and losing the tender, or go the other way and undercook the figures, thus winning the work and then risking making big losses if the reserved matters for planning come in at big numbers.

My IT teacher did look a little bemused when I jumped out of my chair in celebration. Still who cares, UP THE BLUES, this is a massive day for Southend as both a football club and town :D

My IT teacher did look a little bemused when I jumped out of my chair in celebration. Still who cares, UP THE BLUES, this is a massive day for Southend as both a football club and town :D

Its their usual stae im afraid . More down to their user base breaking the system Grrr

Fantastic news anyway Hoozar !!!

Congrats guys, hope things go as smoothly with the build as our one seems to be going, although obviously its a tad bigger!

Had a look at a site with pics of yours going up, amazing how quickly they put them together.

Certainly looks far better than Layer Road and I might even brave a visit to the new one!

You gotta love the NIMBY comments on the echo site..

They really don't have a clue do they..

Apparantly we are ALL "Yobs" and "Thugs" that will "Smash Up" everything in and around the site..

You gotta love the NIMBY comments on the echo site..

They really don't have a clue do they..

Apparantly we are ALL "Yobs" and "Thugs" that will "Smash Up" everything in and around the site..

Nodoubt basing opinions on what they read about certain clubs or dragging opinions from days gone by....prob when any of em last went to a game.

You only have to look at how many families and kids go to Roots Hall and it sort of answers it for me. And besides, I wouldnt take my two if it was full of yobs and thugs.........

Those same people prob didnt want the waitrose either but prob shop there now.....and B&Q is quite handy but dont tell anyone we said that cos we objected to it before.........haha....NIMBY more like NUMPTY...

Had a look at a site with pics of yours going up, amazing how quickly they put them together.

Certainly looks far better than Layer Road and I might even brave a visit to the new one!

Yep, you'd be surprised how quickly a stadium goes up. It is predmominantly pre-cast concrete and steelwork...rather like a large Meccano/lego set. The key is getting the small amount of detailing correct to make it look like something a little more special and Colchester has nice little touches. Will be nice to have an opportunity to work on FF though :D

Your welcome JM, its not quite up to what was originally envisiged, but will still be a far cry from the current facilities, fond as I am of Layer Road.
It will be strange not going there next season after all these years, and sitting down as well, cant say I am a fan of that, lets hope the stewards are not too hot on people who stand!

Yep, you'd be surprised how quickly a stadium goes up. It is predmominantly pre-cast concrete and steelwork...rather like a large Meccano/lego set. The key is getting the small amount of detailing correct to make it look like something a little more special and Colchester has nice little touches. Will be nice to have an opportunity to work on FF though :D

You should know SH :)

I hope you have not left any SUFC mementoes in the footings :unsure:

You should know SH :)

I hope you have not left any SUFC mementoes in the footings :unsure:

No, if you have driven past it, you will however see that Barr, the main contractor, has erected a number of Scottish flags on the North and West stands, which didn't go down too well with some local residents! :angel:

Back