• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

It's matchday, what do you wear?

RHB

I'm a Gnu, how do you do!⭐⭐
Staff member
Bradford is too far away for me these days but I'll still be there in spirit and listening on BBC Essex. In honour of the day I'm currently wearing my A Century United polo shirt. It's a bit worn out now but one of my favourite shirts.

So, anyone else sad enough to don something Southend Utd because it's match day?

I always put on one of my Southend United shirts on match days, gets me in the mood.

Years ago it was a ritual before travelling to away games or the walking down to Roots Hall stopping at a pub on the way.

Now many years later, I still have that same ritual of putting on a Southend United shirt, but do not travel to so many away games these days. I now sit in front of my Laptop listening/watching online and logging on to ShrimperZone. My family know that if I am sitting in front of my Laptop wearing a Southend United shirt it is match day, it is like a "Do Not Disturb The Old Boy" sign.

I still go down to all home games at Roots Hall with one of my shirts on, I always wear it with pride as I am proud to be a Shrimper.

Depends which day the match is. Most days I just throw on an ensemble and naturally look fabulous,but if, as in the old days, it's a Friday night game, then it's club night too! Let's go Girls! I then prefer a purple lurex halter neck and gold slingback shoes and matching accessories. It used to go down a storm in the Sutton Arms with all those nice garrison boys. How do they wear khaki? :Stunned:

If I was going to Bradford I would have my away shirt, thermals, and then about 4 layers, hat, scarf, gloves and still get cold. The current Blues bobble hat pulled right down to eyebrows and scarf across the nose to give a slightly exposed area just an inch wide which I cover with sunglasses.

As it's the middle of summer here and 11 O'clock at night I just normally lounge around in my boxer shorts. When the season starts though I'll have my pyjamas on.

Ok, so far the count is three saddos that wear colours, one cross dresser, one that refuses to describe 'clothes' which suggests a secret, two that under dress (but it is Ireland and convict land) and then there is Naps who is too cool for his own good.

Anyone else?

Just normal attire supplemented by items specifically designed for thermal insulation where necessary.

If going to the game during the winter I nearly always wear thermal leggings and jeans with thermal vest, roll neck jumper and thick cardigan followed by nice warm coat, hat, scarf and gloves. Innthe warmer days often three quarter length trousers but always with a SUFC top on.
I don’t do as many away games now (several reasons) so when at home sit with my feet up on the recliner listening to the radio.

If I was going to Bradford I would have my away shirt, thermals, and then about 4 layers, hat, scarf, gloves and still get cold. The current Blues bobble hat pulled right down to eyebrows and scarf across the nose to give a slightly exposed area just an inch wide which I cover with sunglasses.

It’s warm in the pub oop ‘ere but by gum it’s bloody cold in Bradford today!!
Glad the layers are on plus the lucky badge , albeit not lucky last week! Come on you Shrimpers.

As many layers as I can possibly fit on at this time of year, topped off with one of my lucky scarves. Always remember as a child when it was cold being told to make sure I had tucked my vest in - good advice.

Back