• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Izzy Iriekpen

shrimperstubbs

Just an idea, just notcied hes left Scunthorpe on free transer.
Big 6ft + centeral defender,
maybe worth a look at as cover maybe?

This rumour was going around about a month ago, Defenetly worth a look at especially as Francis is our only defensive cover.

Always quite liked Iriekpen aswell.

Yea, I was gonna post that when I saw it earlier. We were after him before he went to Swansea IIRC.

Yeah i thought we was, wasnt 100% sure thought so didnt want to make myself look a di*k if was wrong. Hes only 26 aswell i do believe, i certainly think we should look into him aswell as Sankofa has done recently but you never know with the dreaded "I" word these days.

Would be a definate improvement to the squad and would add some balance to the backline with his height and power, but if Tilly's statement on radio is anything to go buy he would be a player out of our league unfortunately. He will probably command decent wages that would upset our current structure.

Would be a quality signing.

Gotta ask why he was stipped of captaincy and released on a free though?
Or am I just being to paranoid?

He may want big wages but id say he is a player who we cant just sit back and watch sign for another team. Ive liked the look of him when i saw him play against us for Swansea a few years back. He had Freddy in hes pocket all game if i remember correctly. Come one Tilly sign him up :)

Would be a quality signing.

Gotta ask why he was stipped of captaincy and released on a free though?
Or am I just being to paranoid?

He wanted to leave by mutral (however its spelt) consent.
Not sure as to why he was stripped of the captaincy thou.

Mutual.

Probably Scunny's way of telling him "We're Your Boss, You Do What We Say".

Agree that he's a cracking player though (and, on a more FM related note, should he remain unattached through the window, it will make him a lot cheaper to get. Not necessarily easier, but definately cheaper).

Ah right I see, wondered if he had attitude or anything... in that case...

SIGN HIM UP TILLY!!

Im my view its simple. We sign him up and gain a good player who will strenghten our squad. Or we sit and watch him sign somewhere else and miss out on a great assest. Choce is yours Tilly :)

Taken that he's fallen out with almost every club he's been at, he may not be worth the risk. We've seen before what can happen when signing a bad egg, and we're in such a position this season that we may not be able to risk that happening again.

Taken that he's fallen out with almost every club he's been at, he may not be worth the risk. We've seen before what can happen when signing a bad egg, and we're in such a position this season that we may not be able to risk that happening again.

Id say its a risk worth taking, even if he leaves within the next year or so, we need to strenghten the defence and i see Izzy as a perfect candidate to do this, and is AVAILABLE unlike most players.

Back