• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Echo News Jack Bridge set to return for Southend United's cup clash with Colchester

One of the first names on the team sheet before injury and now not obvious where he fits in when fit. How things have changed.

I suppose thats a good thing in that the bench is now starting to have credible options.

Can't remember the last time we had a decent side on the pitch and good subs on the bench that can come on and change the game

Weird that this is being played the same night as the first team are in action, surely would have been better to play tomorrow when we know who was needed tonight and who didn't get any minutes, and what positions might need covering next Saturday due to injuries and suspensions.

Weird that this is being played the same night as the first team are in action, surely would have been better to play tomorrow when we know who was needed tonight and who didn't get any minutes, and what positions might need covering next Saturday due to injuries and suspensions.
The u23s are more like the youths than the first team. There’s very little crossover with the first team. Bridge is playing as he needs game time otherwise nobody is likely to be in first team reckoning for the time being. From the sides put out for our last two PL Cup appearances only Tom Clifford (played once for game time after injury, like Bridge will be) has made a league appearance for us this season. Andeng-Ndi who played in only one of those two matches has been twice named as an unused sub appearances for League games.

One of the first names on the team sheet before injury and now not obvious where he fits in when fit. How things have changed.
Well he was originally a central player so I think he would have no problem playing there, its just a case of having to fight for his place like other players now.

The u23s are more like the youths than the first team. There’s very little crossover with the first team. Bridge is playing as he needs game time otherwise nobody is likely to be in first team reckoning for the time being. From the sides put out for our last two PL Cup appearances only Tom Clifford (played once for game time after injury, like Bridge will be) has made a league appearance for us this season. Andeng-Ndi who played in only one of those two matches has been twice named as an unused sub appearances for League games.
I guess my thoughts are people like Andeng-Ndi who will undoubtedly travel with the first team tonight but may have benefitted from 90 minutes in a competitive match. Same may be true of Davies (if Demi regains his place tonight), and any back-up players who will be there tonight just in case someone gets injured in the warm up. If we'd have played the game tomorrow it would also have allowed some of the coaching staff to observe players. Just seems more benefits to playing it on a different night.

When Jack is back to match fitness it looks like there will be a selection problem for Kev and Co. Before his injury he would have been one of the first names on my starting XI. Now we have the luxury (is that the right word) of choice so if he warms the bench too much will he want away? I love the competition for places which is starting to emerge, but I would be very sad to see Jack go.

When Jack is back to match fitness it looks like there will be a selection problem for Kev and Co. Before his injury he would have been one of the first names on my starting XI. Now we have the luxury (is that the right word) of choice so if he warms the bench too much will he want away? I love the competition for places which is starting to emerge, but I would be very sad to see Jack go.
Be great though to be able to bring on decent players who can affect the game as opposed to swapping goodship for acquah or some other tosh.

Good to see Bridge coming back to full fitness.

When fit, I could easily see Bridge coming off the bench to replace a forward (such as Dennis) - his movement with the ball & passing would create space & opportunites for Dalby & Cardwell.

Neal is close to being suspended for picking up yellow cards of course.

And finally I doubt Neal will be here next season so bringing back Bridge into the starting XI this season could be useful for the manager to see how a midfield (without loan players) might line up & gel for next season when hopefully we will be higher up the table.

Looks like we are lining up like this. White and Bridge building up fitness, so not too worried about how they perform. On the other hand, could be an important one for Howard, Walsh, and Phillips to try and push towards making the bench. Also for Benton, who is impressing on loan, to show he could be someone for next season.

Purcell
Brown White Wallace
Howard Benton Phillips Arrowsmith
Walsh Adedoja Bridge
23 minutes in, still 0-0 but Col U are down to 10 men.

Looks like we are lining up like this. White and Bridge building up fitness, so not too worried about how they perform. On the other hand, could be an important one for Howard, Walsh, and Phillips to try and push towards making the bench. Also for Benton, who is impressing on loan, to show he could be someone for next season.

Purcell
Brown White Wallace
Howard Benton Phillips Arrowsmith
Walsh Adedoja Bridge
23 minutes in, still 0-0 but Col U are down to 10 men.
No Seadon?

Back