• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Jack is Back! (24 Season 8)

Beefy

Life President
So tonight, Season 8 of 24 begins in the UK. I know it started in the States a week ago and therefore several of you will have seen the beginning already (and I've heard it starts very strongly this year). We could do with having some spoiler tags really, but never mind. Hopefully people an be mindful of not ruining anything for others.

Anyway, Jack is now in New York, with Kim and her kid. He's retired but inevitably will get the call to come back to CTU (where Chloe, Freddie Prinze Jr. and Starbuck off of BSG all work) and save the World one more time. And I for one can't wait.

24 is my favourite show ever and with this likely to be the final season I'm hoping for a great finish to a brilliant show.

Anyone else rather too excited about the return of the Bauer Hour?

I got Season 7 on Blu-Ray for Christmas.

Finished it in 4 days.

Although I do think they kind of jumped the shark, Season 7 was a welcome return to form. It'll never reach the heights of Seasons 1-3, probably because it's some of the greatest television to be made, but 24 is one of the few TV shows I can sit and watch and enjoy throughout. Glad to see Renee is back, her and Kim in the same show make up for some otherwise sub-standard totty.

Bauer is the definition of Man.

Been hooked since Day 1, and glad to see the return of 24. I believe Day 8 sees the return of Agent Walker, played by the delightful Annie Wersching. :slurp:

24_02-annie-wersching_9851_djrv1f.jpg

fc.JPG

Season 7 got a mixed reception but I thought it was a good return after a very disappointing Season 6. I think they've really suffered over the years with having killed off so many good characters that it became very different to make any emotional connection with the bland copies of former characters which we got in that sixth year. Plus the blatant recycling of earlier plot-parts got ridiculous.

Season 7 though introduced some decent characters (Renee and Larry) and of course the return of many people (including mine) favourite character in the show.

Although obviously Jack is still a legend.

i was a late comer to 24 only viewing season 1 mid last year but have since powered through and now up to date. Cracking progam and looking forward to season 8

Surely the question is though Who would win a fight between

Jack Bauer and Chuck Norris

So episodes 1 & 2 are on tonight. Episodes 3 & 4 were on last Monday in the States and I presumed the same would happen over here but it looks like that's not the case. Anyone know what the schedule is going to be? I presumed that they were going to keep us just one week behind America.

I'd usually download it, but I've got a rubbish internet connection over here.

So episodes 1 & 2 are on tonight. Episodes 3 & 4 were on last Monday in the States and I presumed the same would happen over here but it looks like that's not the case. Anyone know what the schedule is going to be? I presumed that they were going to keep us just one week behind America.

I'd usually download it, but I've got a rubbish internet connection over here.

Sky normally follow the US schedule albeit a week behind. It looks like 3 & 4 will be next Sunday, and then who knows.

Never watched it can somebody give me the basic plot

It's hard to describe without doing it a huge injustice.

Keifer Sutherland plays Jack Bauer, a former US Special Ops commander who now works for the Counter Terrorist Unit. Each season takes place over a 24 hour period in which some terrorist or other is plotting to destroy the World and Jack has to run around torturing as many foreigners as possible in order to stop them and save America.

It's amazing.

It's hard to describe without doing it a huge injustice.

Keifer Sutherland plays Jack Bauer, a former US Special Ops commander who now works for the Counter Terrorist Unit. Each season takes place over a 24 hour period in which some terrorist or other is plotting to destroy the World and Jack has to run around torturing as many foreigners as possible in order to stop them and save America.

It's amazing.

Sounds good I like the idea of the season being based over a 24 hour period.

Going to give it a bash

Just watched both the episodes, feel a little disappointed?

I thought it was pretty solid. They usually put a lot of effort into the first four shows which they screen two a night for two nights running. So we're only halfway through that.

EDIT - Actually that two hours just gone was brilliant for Jack killing that one bloke with the axe and knocking the other one down the stairwell. Just when I think Jack has used every weapon around he brings out the axe!

Last edited:
Sounds good I like the idea of the season being based over a 24 hour period.

Going to give it a bash

Honestly, you'll love it. Just do yourself a favour and start at the begin. The first couple of seasons are dirt cheap on DVD now.

What Beefy said... Very little (I'm talking Soprano's and The Wire) compares to Seasons 1 through 3 of 24.

Thought it was an average start, I've seen more explosive beginnings but the power in this show is how it unravells throughout the series. They've pulled out the big guns in terms of pivotal parts though... Freddie Prinze Jr and that guy from The Green Mile are both credible actors. I did like how several of the characters made references to dying, like Ethan saying "I'm not dead yet"... They've always done that so somebody is bound to die.

Back