• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Latest Rumours Jack Payne's future

Evening Echo

The News
SOUTHEND United manager Phil Brown is hopeful man of the moment Jack Payne will sign a new contract with the Shrimpers before tomorrow’s clash at Blackpool.

More...

PB isnt going anywhere ,i think myself he is happy at Southend and will stay next season and guide us into the championship,he can see that we have a nucleus of a very good team and another promotion can only sit well in his resume.So off course he will make every effort to keep Payne , Leonard , Bentley if at all possible and any other player he deems good enough to helphim get that promotion ,that includes Barnett ,thomson,Coker,Wordsworth,Deegan.

I took off shortly after the final whistle. Landed an hour or so ago comforted that at least Payne will have signed a contract. I'm shocked. It appears this hasn't happened. Next thing you know will be the new ground being revealed as pure pipe dream :'(

I saw 3 guys in the away end at Blackpool in Liverpool coats, one had an iPad, they definitely looked like scouts. Payne and Bentley were surely the only ones they could have been looking at.

Did they have permed hair, tashes and argued a lot

I saw 3 guys in the away end at Blackpool in Liverpool coats, one had an iPad, they definitely looked like scouts. Payne and Bentley were surely the only ones they could have been looking at.

I'm reliably informed they were they hoping to seek a swap deal between David Mooney and Christian Benteke . Mad bloke Klopp hates Benteke with a passion and was heard to say he would rather have an injured David Mooney than F***** Benteke up front.

Unless Payne signs before this weekend as suggested by PB then it's looking ominous that he will leave like Bentley.

He would be a cheap option for many higher clubs who would be willing to take a chance on him with relative little outlay to be honest.

Bit of a nothing article really, something that has been sorted out by his agent no doubt. No rumours of who is actually interested just that they are aware of him.

I hope he stays would be a great loss to the club. Especially at a reduced fee due to tribunal.

in Jack's case playing regular is essential- if we can give him that then he should stay. If think for Jack at this point going to a 'big' club and getting splinters in his backside would be a very negative outcome for him. In a couple of years he will be playing at a higher level regularly with us (preferred) or with someone else (having gone their with the necessary experience to demand selection from day one)

He's off. Brown has said talks have reached an impasse, according to BBC Essex. Hardly a surprise but there you go.

Back