• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Jade Goody - RIP

Status
Not open for further replies.

EastStandBlue

Life President
Apparently, she'll be lucky to see Wednesday. There'll be Big TV Screens outside her funeral to show the funeral processions to her fans, which is bad enough, but this particular quote in The Sun almost made me sick...

"A host of celebrities will attend the funeral — which could be the biggest public outpouring of grief since the death of Princess Diana."

How you're even comparing Jade ****ing Goody to Princess Diana is shameful...

Last edited by a moderator:
I wouldn't go so far as "shameful" but I think she honestly HAS touched a lot of people's hearts, and there will be a large public reaction undoubtedly. Unfortunately a lot of it will be negative.

Apparently, she'll be lucky to see Wednesday. There'll be Big TV Screens outside her funeral to show the funeral processions to her fans, which is bad enough, but this particular quote in The Sun almost made me sick...

"A host of celebrities will attend the funeral — which could be the biggest public outpouring of grief since the death of Princess Diana."

How you're even comparing Jade F*cking Goody to Princess Diana is shameful...

It will be if The Sun have their way - gotta fill pages and shift copies somehow. Just look how good the Paris tunnel crash was for business.

Expect to see that most venerable of institutions The Times getting in on the act as well - heaven forbid that a Murdoch rag be anything other than a steaming pile.

What a ****ing world we live in eh? Couldn't make it up.

Indeed, it's a world where Max Clifford is hired to orchestrate someones death. 'Outpouring of grief'? Surely this is the media setting the agenda, giving us daily updates of her condition, her funeral arrangements etc. People wouldnt be that interested beyond mild sympathy, if it wasnt for the barrage of media reporting.

I find the whole thing incredibly distasteful. I can understand the argument that she wants to ensure her children are provided for, but whoring her own death is pretty low.

There is some good in that it has rasied awareness for cancer and apparenly nuimbers getting check ups are up, but that seems more an indirect consequence, as in all these stories Ive seen little about using the publicity to educate on the disease.

Indeed, it's a world where Max Clifford is hired to orchestrate someones death. 'Outpouring of grief'? Surely this is the media setting the agenda, giving us daily updates of her condition, her funeral arrangements etc. People wouldnt be that interested beyond mild sympathy, if it wasnt for the barrage of media reporting.

I find the whole thing incredibly distasteful. I can understand the argument that she wants to ensure her children are provided for, but whoring her own death is pretty low.

There is some good in that it has rasied awareness for cancer and apparenly nuimbers getting check ups are up, but that seems more an indirect consequence, as in all these stories Ive seen little about using the publicity to educate on the disease.

With all due respect, you don't have to listen to the media.

Exactly.

Diana was already rich and privilleged but she entered into a sham of a marriage (and had two children) because she wanted more.

Jade came from nothing and has arguably made the very best out of a somewhat limited set of career option.

I know which one I have a bit of respect for and which one I think was a money grabbing opportunist.

One cheated on her husband, the other didn't? One almost shamed the monarchy by having an affair with an Arab?

Both are expert at dealing with the media. Both have two sons.

Only one had a husband who once played for Orient.

One cheated on her husband, the other didn't? One almost shamed the monarchy by having an affair with an Arab?

Both are expert at dealing with the media. Both have two sons.

Only one had a husband who once played for Orient.

You could argue that Charles shamed to monarchy by sending those pathetic texts (and lord knows what else) to Camilla while still married to Diana- bit easy to blame a woman who was literally no more than a womb for rent by the Royals and stuck in a loveless marriage.

You could argue that Charles shamed to monarchy by sending those pathetic texts to Camilla while still married to Diana- bit easy to blame a woman who was literally no more than a womb for rent by the Royals.

Texts to Camilla? Diana died in 1997, was this on some ancient Motorola?

Texts to Camilla? Diana died in 1997, was this on some ancient Motorola?

Maybe not texts but I recall a story where he was telling Camilla how he wished he was her tampon.

** Edit: It was a tapped phone call **

Last edited:
Great, another Jade Goody thread!

I think the whole count down to day zero is one of the most macabre scenarios I have encountered.

I know she is 'providing' for her children but the nearer she gets to dying the more I dislike this PR exercise.

Will there be camera's there as she takes her last breath?

You could argue that Charles shamed to monarchy by sending those pathetic texts (and lord knows what else) to Camilla while still married to Diana- bit easy to blame a woman who was literally no more than a womb for rent by the Royals and stuck in a loveless marriage.

I'd argue that he shames the monarchy nearly every time he opens his mouth or launches yet another Duchy Originals product and if he takes exception to that then he knows where I drink.

With all due respect, you don't have to listen to the media.

Do you mean as in 1) I don't have to be swayed by the media or 2) I dont have to find out what the media are saying in the first place?

With regard to the second premise, my general understanding on the story comes from glimpses of headlines of papers when Im getting petrol, or headlines on the home page when I log on to the 'net. That's what Im getting at, the media, or Max Clifford, are trying to ram it down peoples throats and it would be very difficult to avoid all idea of what is going on.

With regard to the first premise....well...sadly there are stupid people about ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back