• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

And so he should be, we are in the process of blowing a really good opportunity of getting out of this ****ing division!
And who was it who got us in this good position?
yes PB.
Give the bloke a break. We all know how easy it is to get promotion don't we?

Whatever, I'm tired of being in a good position and chucking it away every season.
I agree with you there.
Trouble is we are an average league 2 club at the moment. I think we have been lucky to have had two managers with a good pedigree in PS and PB. Would anybody else do better in our current circumstances?

I agree with you there.
Trouble is we are an average league 2 club at the moment. I think we have been lucky to have had two managers with a good pedigree in PS and PB. Would anybody else do better in our current circumstances?

Maybe, maybe not. Tbh I thought we were going to be fighting relegation before the season started so really we are doing alot better than I thought we would be, but given where we were 10 games or so ago the current run is very frustrating. Maybe we just punched above our weight for a while!

Maybe, maybe not. Tbh I thought we were going to be fighting relegation before the season started so really we are doing alot better than I thought we would be, but given where we were 10 games or so ago the current run is very frustrating. Maybe we just punched above our weight for a while!
Can't argue with you that it it is so frustrating. Perhaps it would have been better to have our bad run earlier in the season and have a good run now - it's all about timing isn't it. At the moment I just think we are low on confidence and a lucky win could make all the difference. Trouble is we are running out of games.

Exactly BrettAngell, at the beginning of the season most on here i think were expecting us to be fighting of relegation,PB has done a great job this season,he has given us cayse for hope,given us some decent football by all accounts,and bought in some really decent loan signings,even during our good speel ,though at times i must admit to feeling very hopeful of promotin ,dep down i never really thought we would ,11th place was my prediction,but i can say now given the off season if his loan signings are anything to go by ,then with a few decent signings ,i truly believe next season will be our season.

Exactly BrettAngell, at the beginning of the season most on here i think were expecting us to be fighting of relegation,PB has done a great job this season,he has given us cayse for hope,given us some decent football by all accounts,and bought in some really decent loan signings,even during our good speel ,though at times i must admit to feeling very hopeful of promotin ,dep down i never really thought we would ,11th place was my prediction,but i can say now given the off season if his loan signings are anything to go by ,then with a few decent signings ,i truly believe next season will be our season.

Well, I wouldn't have disagreed with you at the start of the season. Unfortunately, as I've already said on another thread, he got us in a promotion position and then appears to have blown it, BIG time. So there are questions, quite rightly, being asked about his managerial skills concerning the personel, tactics, motivation and formation of his teams. The financial situation is unlikely change that much between this season and the next, so the manager (whoever that may be) will be required to produce something with minimal resources and my fear is, if it is PB, that the same circumstances could repeat themselves.
I would generally agree about the quality of loanees, although there are questions here as well. Kiernan was great and it was a pity we couldn't hold on to him. You have to ask whether Woodrow was exploited enough and why could he looked good in the Premiership but not with us in League Two. O'Neill, Thompson and Bolger all looked competent but fell by the wayside with injuries. In the last couple of weeks I feel that we have been moving in the right direction with the signing of Egan, Sokolik and Loza but WHY was this done in mid-March, rather than mid-February, when deficiences in central defence and up front were already pretty obvious???
Which leads me to the last point, which is; has Phil Brown been too slow to react to circumstances or have his hands been tied? I'm not talking about during the time of the embargo, I'm thinking of post-Hull when, from what we were told, the embargo no longer existed.

I would imagine that our very competitive Chairman must be fuming at the latest string of results.

Quite rightly, he wants higher league football and I don't think he will tolerate failure by a manager who appears to have been supported as much as possible.

I would imagine that our very competitive Chairman must be fuming at the latest string of results.

Quite rightly, he wants higher league football and I don't think he will tolerate failure by a manager who appears to have been supported as much as possible.

I have a feeling that may get a bit of debate over the coming weeks but finding the truth may well be as difficult as us finding a win.

Yes, apart from at the best time to strengthen the team ..... during the January transfer embargo, sorry, window. After that point the choice of players you can move for is more limited. Of course he was "allowed" to sign Lee Barnard who must have been top of his shopping list .... surely.

Gone nicely OT here.

Loza is a talented young guy. Good movement and awareness as well as being two-footed. Would think that he'll do well against the lumbering League Two centre halves.

Um. As you were. Ron Martin is a gimp and all that.

Very welcome signing. The argument is not as simple as 'our strikers don't score' or 'we don't create enough'. The fundamental problem is the way we play. We are too slow to attack, pace stretches teams and makes defenders edge back towards their own goal, which in turn allows more players to get higher up the pitch, closer to Barry Corr, or whoever is in attack. It's no coincidence that when Straker has a good game we look far more dangerous as a team. Trouble is he doesn't have his day often enough.

Back