• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

JAY SMITH RETURNS!

Excellent news!
biggrin.gif

Tilly said in the recent Q&A that, that is what Jay is like. Doctors say December, Jay says October!!

Come on Jay!!!

(love the avatar Hockley... DAN! DAN! DAN! DAN!... he hasnt heard me.... DAN!)

Shame he's not even more ahead of schedule so he could come in while Bentley's out.
sad.gif

Let's hope he's back by the time Maher is next suspended (which can only be a booking or two away). On second thougts, no chance, Maher is bound to pick up a couple of bookings before October is out.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Upminster Blue @ Oct. 07 2004,14:02)]Let's hope he's back by the time Maher is next suspended (which can only be a booking or two away).  On second thougts, no chance, Maher is bound to pick up a couple of bookings before October is out.
Yea fantastic idea !

Let's play a few games without our club captain. That's bound to be good for morale and strengthen our promotion chances.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Upminster Blue @ Oct. 07 2004,14:02)]Let's hope he's back by the time Maher is next suspended (which can only be a booking or two away).  On second thougts, no chance, Maher is bound to pick up a couple of bookings before October is out.
Yea fantastic idea !

Let's play a few games without our club captain. That's bound to be good for morale and strengthen our promotion chances.

[b said:
Gower, Bentley, Pettefer, Smith.

Plenty of defensive midfield coverage there then !

Calm down, ORM... Upminster wasn't calling for Maher to be dropped... just remarking that (based on his record) Maher will probably be forced to sit it out with another ban soon.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (* ORM * @ Oct. 07 2004,13:32)]
[b said:

Eh? He wasn't hoping Maher is suspended. Just hoping that Smith would be back before Maher is next suspended.

Take those Maher-tinted (ooh-er) specs off!

[b said:
Quote[/b] (* ORM * @ Oct. 07 2004,14:30)]
[b said:
Yea fantastic idea !

I think you've missed the point I was trying to make. I wasn't for a second suggesting that Maher should be dropped. Just meerly making the point (tongue in cheek) that Maher is likely, given his past bookings record, to be suspended before Smith is fit for the first team which will leave us a bit short in central midfield.

Good to hear that... it's just a shame he has missed so much of the season already. Come on Jay!

UP THE SHRIMPERS!
blues.gif

ORM's Maher obsession is becoming alarmingly Bunton-esque.

Note to Maher: File restraining order against ORM.

tounge.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (overseas shrimper @ Oct. 07 2004,14:34)]Calm down, ORM... Upminster wasn't calling for Maher to be dropped... just remarking that (based on his record) Maher will probably be forced to sit it out with another ban soon.
Phew, was worried for a sec that I dropped a bit of a clanger due to some poor wording.

For what it's worth, I'm a big fan of Maher - we're not the same team without him, hence my concern that he may well be suspended again in the near future.
biggrin.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Upminster Blue @ Oct. 07 2004,14:40)]we're not the same team without him...
You're right... we're much better! Maher's rubbish. Worse midfielder we've had for decades... if EVER!

ghostface.gif

Can someone be kind enough to pick up ORM's toys and return them to his pram where he is currently sitting with his 'Kevin Maher went to Darlo and all he got me was this lousy baby-grow' outfit!

tounge.gif

Back to the point of Jay, it is fantastic news that he is doing well on his road to recovery, and it could not come soon enough. i think most would agree (those with brains screwed on) that when Jay is on form, he is sensational, and when fully match fit you would not leave him out of the team. This begs the question who do you leave out?

You can leave out Maher, he is captain, ans as has been stated you cant have Petts, Bents, Gower and Smith, because you need defense to.

Jay is not a winger, and so he would play in the centre, moving Bentley, does that mean you drop Bentley, who is playing so well! surely not, so do you put him right wing, Gower left, and drop Petts? contraversial, and there would be no guarantee Bents could be as effective on the wing.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (* ORM * @ Oct. 07 2004,13:32)]
[b said:

Hunt.

it is a tuff one, but just to have him available will be a good thing, he can make somthing out of nothing and remember even martin tyler from sky sports called him 'a very special player' when commentating on the live cancey game. when was the last tijmme one of our players got that tag from a commentator used to watching the likes of henry, rooney, viera etc

Back