• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Jay Smith

Technician

On the official website: Jay set to go under the knife today! his rehabilitation will take six weeks, by which time he will be training and the club hopes to have him playing for the club again by the beginning of November!
biggrin.gif

I wish you well Jay... come back soon!
cool.gif

I love the way everyone on here is praying for J Smith to come back because he is the only player who can save us

At the start of the year we signed Spencer Prior, who with Andy Edwards " we have the best deffence in the league" And now were doing sh*t and letting in goals left right and centre, Jay is the only answer we have? why is this have you all seen something I havent this pre season??
So if Jay doesnt come back and win us the league Title who are we going to turn to then as the next messier

[b said:
Quote[/b] (one flew over the cockles nest @ Aug. 18 2004,11:25)]I love the way everyone on here is praying for J Smith to come back because he is the only player who can save us

At the start of the year we signed Spencer Prior, who with Andy Edwards " we have the best deffence in the league" And now were doing sh*t and letting in goals left right and centre, Jay is the only answer we have? why is this have you all seen something I havent this pre season??
So if Jay doesnt come back and win us the league Title who are we going to turn to then as the next messier
Could only be the return of David Webb!

[b said:
Quote[/b] (one flew over the cockles nest @ Aug. 18 2004,11:25)]I love the way everyone on here is praying for J Smith to come back because he is the only player who can save us

Oh... so when Jay Smith comes back, he WON'T give us an extra option in midfield then???  
rock.gif
how misguided I am!
sad.gif

He IS one of our more quality players and all I implied was it would be nice to have him back in the squad... I therefore see nothing wrong with posting that opinion!

I suppose you are just trying to be contraversial...
tounge.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Technician @ Aug. 18 2004,11:36)]
[b said:

Oh... so when Jay Smith comes back, he WON'T give us an extra option in midfield then???  
rock.gif
how misguided I am!
sad.gif

He IS one of our more quality players and all I implied was it would be nice to have him back in the squad... I therefore see nothing wrong with posting that opinion!

tounge.gif
Let's go lynch Warren Goodhind!

[b said:
[b said:

rock.gif
how misguided I am!
sad.gif

tounge.gif
Not really, not even having a dig at you, yep I agree a good player to have at the club if he comes back as well as he was.

I remember years ago when Dick Bates was manager, in the real dark days !, well we where loosing at home to Gillingham, and we had a really average winger called Martin Robinson on the bench, well because we where loosing the North Bank started chanting Robbo Robbo Robbo, then of course the West started and even the Paddock, falsing the managers hand into bringing him on, what an anti climax he was did f**k all the rest of that game and was a pretty shocking player throughout his season with us. All im saying is it sounds like mass histiria the whole ' my god bring back Jay, were doomed with out you' sort of thing

[b said:
Quote[/b] (one flew over the cockles nest @ Aug. 18 2004,17:55)]
[b said:
[b said:

rock.gif
how misguided I am!
sad.gif

tounge.gif
Not really, not even having a dig at you, yep I agree a good player to have at the club if he comes back as well as he was.

I remember years ago when Dick Bates was manager, in the real dark days !, well we where loosing at home to Gillingham, and we had a really average winger called Martin Robinson on the bench, well because we where loosing the North Bank started chanting Robbo Robbo Robbo, then of course the West started and even the Paddock, falsing the managers hand into bringing him on, what an anti climax he was did f**k all the rest of that game and was a pretty shocking player throughout his season with us. All im saying is it sounds like mass histiria the whole ' my god bring back Jay, were doomed with out you' sort of thing
OK, that's fair enough... we've still got to get by with out him for the next 10 weeks and there should be enough quality in midfield to "pull ourselves out of this hole" the team is in... so let's see what happens, starting Saturday.

Anagrams;

1. Jay Smith - Jamy Sh*t

2. Drewe Broughton - Trough down beer(good idea)

3. Tesfaye Bramble - Lazy *******

4. Wayne Gray - headless chicken.

Silly stuff really but i am bored being so deadly serious banging on about the council.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (one flew over the cockles nest @ Aug. 18 2004,17:55)][I remember years ago when Dick Bates was manager, in the real dark days !, well we where loosing at home to Gillingham, and we had a really average winger called Martin Robinson on the bench, well because we where loosing the North Bank started chanting Robbo Robbo Robbo, then of course the West started and even the Paddock, falsing the managers hand into bringing him on, what an anti climax he was did f**k all the rest of that game and was a pretty shocking player throughout his season with us
15 goals from 56 starts, seen worse for a wide player.

In fact seen worse from most of our central strikers over the last few years, with one notable exception.

Back