• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Jeff King/ Canvey - v. interesting

From the Ryman Isthmian Fans Forum posted 28/11/04

Jeff King has decided to pull the plug on Canvey Island at the end of this season
and looks set to invest his fortune in Southend United FC,a full announcement will be made this week when Southend hold a press conference to welcome him on board.King has invested over £2 million into Canvey over the past 11 seasons but has became increasingly disillusioned at the Gulls failure to attract more than a hardcore of 200/250 home supporters.no comment is being made at Park Lane at present but according to an insider the whole club is in a state of shock.

If true, that would be quite a story.

However, that&#39;s a big <span style='font-size:17pt;line-height:100%'>IF</span>...

rock.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Matt the Shrimp @ Nov. 29 2004,10:18)]If true, that would be quite a story.

However, that&#39;s a big <span style='font-size:17pt;line-height:100%'>IF</span>...

rock.gif
That is a MASSIVE &#39;IF&#39;, Matt... and you should be very proud of it.

tounge.gif

so thats now the bloke from Grays who wants to buy us and Fat Boy King. Is there Gold burried beneath Roots Hall or something?

........and don&#39;t forget that hilarious rumour that was put about at the beginning of the season that Alan Sugar was looking to invest&#33;

There must be gold in them there floodlights.

Apparently the rumour originally came from Billericay, so I wouldn&#39;t read too much into it. They reckon there&#39;s supposed to be a press conference this week...so we&#39;ll see shall we.

SUFC's Geoff King has just rubbished the rumour on the Yahoo Groups mailling list.....

....so it must be true, then!!!!  
biggrin.gif

Here's the denial (courtesy of Yahoo Groups):

Just for the record - there is no truth in the rumour as regards Jeff King's investment in SUFC.  No discussions have been held or are intended to be held.

Geoffrey King

If King did get on board, would he turn Fossetts into a caravan site?
wow.gif

AC

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Adrian C @ Nov. 29 2004,12:41)]If King did get on board, would he turn Fossetts into a caravan site?
wow.gif

AC
Wouldn&#39;t that just serve the NIMBY Karers right?
biggrin.gif

FWIW I don&#39;t believe a man that is Canvey through and through would want to invest in SUFC. Even if he pulled out of Canvey Island FC he wouldn&#39;t waste his money on us.

Anyone whos prepared to invest money into the club I love

I be Happy &#33;&#33;

One Team In essex
SOUTHEND UNITED FC

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Napster @ Nov. 29 2004,11:41)]Geoffrey King
Has no-one realised that King has already infiltrated the club under a pseudonym that is as cunning as a Baldrick cunning plan?

[b said:
Quote[/b] (sealion @ Nov. 29 2004,16:40)]Tsk ,tsk, unregistered posters again-we aint that gullible
Although normally true, don&#39;t forget that an unregistered poster told us that we&#39;d be signing Fredy a couple of days before it was actually announced. I should know as I made myself look a tw*t by shooting him down and then having to eat my humble pie up when it became official&#33;
ghostface.gif
laugh.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Andy_S @ Nov. 29 2004,16:44)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (sealion @ Nov. 29 2004,16:40)]Tsk ,tsk, unregistered posters again-we aint that gullible
Although normally true, don&#39;t forget that an unregistered poster told us that we&#39;d be signing Fredy a couple of days before it was actually announced.
Also Jay Smith being injured as well, which was shot down by several people....

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Einstein @ Nov. 29 2004,17:42)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (Andy_S @ Nov. 29 2004,16:44)]
[b said:
Although normally true, don&#39;t forget that an unregistered poster told us that we&#39;d be signing Fredy a couple of days before it was actually announced.
Also Jay Smith being injured as well, which was shot down by several people....
Yep, and to a lesser extent that Ben Price was going to Cambridge City on &#39;work experience&#39;, which was never actually announced by the club.

Back