• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

On a non contract basis. So that's another member of last years shower to not drop a level. Madness.

Well I didn't think he was to bad, no he wasn't brilliant and he's an average player. But he's strong, and the few goals he scored for us were all quality. I got this feeling that he will be doing pretty good in a couple of years.

JFC was woeful last year but I think in a team with a more creative midfielder he could do a good job breaking up attacks etc as that what he was good at when he first came.

He really wasn't woeful, no-one else scored the kind of goals he did. And please don't forget they were all under pressure! His goal at Peterborough the other season was absolutely sublime!

He really wasn't woeful, no-one else scored the kind of goals he did. And please don't forget they were all under pressure! His goal at Peterborough the other season was absolutely sublime!

he was absolutely dog-**** last season. when he was on loan he played well, but it was down-hill from there. Like others, I'm surprised he's found a team in the football league, because he has poor technique and can't pass a football. A couple of good goals doesn't make him a good footballer.

he was absolutely dog-**** last season. when he was on loan he played well, but it was down-hill from there. Like others, I'm surprised he's found a team in the football league, because he has poor technique and can't pass a football. A couple of good goals doesn't make him a good footballer.

Now hold on young sir. Surely Macca has proved you don't need to be able to pass a ball to make it as a football league player!

Paired with a partner capable of the forward runs and passes needed to unlock a team, he's not actually that bad... He'd be a useful player in a five-man midfield such as ours. He can't pass for toffee and offers next to nothing going forward, but he's certainly strong enough to sit in the back four and act as a shielding midfielder.

I don't think it's a coincidence that some of our best football last season was played with JFC and Sawyer in the centre.

One of the worst players Ive ever had the misfortune too see. He was woeful defensively, couldnt read a game, couldnt play a pass and for a big lad was soft in the air and on the deck.

Surprised he has found a club to be fair, im sure the non contract terms says it all!

I think Sawyer would make any central midfield partner look adequate !

Not many players covered themselves in glory last season to be fair.

I believe he is far better than what we saw for most of last season. His form on loan was terrific, when playing with Sawyer, and a few of the goals he scored were different class.

I think he can be a very tidy league one player at the right club.

One of the worst players Ive ever had the misfortune too see. He was woeful defensively, couldnt read a game, couldnt play a pass and for a big lad was soft in the air and on the deck.

Surprised he has found a club to be fair, im sure the non contract terms says it all!

I think Sawyer would make any central midfield partner look adequate !

Spot on sir! I'm glad someone recognises that he was woeful defensively as well as on the ball. I think its often assumed that just because a midfielder plays deep and has not much ability, that they therefore shield the defence and break up the attacks etc. JFC was actually very poor at this and I lost count of the number of times an oppostion midfielder scored from outside the box with JFC unable to get there.

Also he was no better when he was on loan, that was down to the brilliance of Sawyer, I mean Gridelet even looked good for a spell alongside Whelan. I dont think JFC would have declined that much for no reason if he was any good, so I think last years performances were the norm, I struggle to think of a player who was a worse passer of the ball.

He shouldn't last too long at Oldham

Spot on sir! I'm glad someone recognises that he was woeful defensively as well as on the ball. I think its often assumed that just because a midfielder plays deep and has not much ability, that they therefore shield the defence and break up the attacks etc. JFC was actually very poor at this and I lost count of the number of times an oppostion midfielder scored from outside the box with JFC unable to get there.

Also he was no better when he was on loan, that was down to the brilliance of Sawyer, I mean Gridelet even looked good for a spell alongside Whelan. I dont think JFC would have declined that much for no reason if he was any good, so I think last years performances were the norm, I struggle to think of a player who was a worse passer of the ball.

He shouldn't last too long at Oldham

Completely agree with this.

Back