• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Jimmy Greaves

Ricky Otto

President⭐
With a documentary film on Jimmy Greaves' life being broadcast next week by BT Sports the Mail has started a campaign to get Jimmy Knighted.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/f...n-Mullery-reasons-Jimmy-Greaves-knighted.html

With scoring record in Europe's top leagues that is only surpassed by Cristiano Ronaldo it is amazing that he has not been recognised already when many of his peers have.

I have been told the documentary is wonderful and has tributes from the best in the game. I am lucky enough to be going to a friends and family viewing this Thursday so I will rate in the film thread ahead of its release next week.
In the past Jimmy hasn't been to bothered about a knighthood but I am reliably told he would be very happy to accept the honour if he were to receive it.

Do you know when it will be shown?
For me he is the greatest player of all time as a goal scoring machine.Its very sad that he is struggling with his health after his stroke.
It would be a fitting tribute for him to be honoured

Do you know when it will be shown?
For me he is the greatest player of all time as a goal scoring machine.Its very sad that he is struggling with his health after his stroke.
It would be a fitting tribute for him to be honoured

An even better tribute would be to bring back Saint and Greavsie.

It's odd how Jimmy Greaves has been treated so shoddily by the footballing world against people like Bobby Moore.

In fairness MK,players like Greaves,Moore, Best were alcoholics and perhaps didn't want the help at the time

Today's game has many faults,but does realise the gulf between playing and having nothing after football,its not faultless but does have options in place to help those with addictions

But yes in days when gongs are handed out to MPS for doing **** all,Greaves would deserve the award (Though I strongly disagree with any awards/gongs)

In fairness MK,players like Greaves,Moore, Best were alcoholics and perhaps didn't want the help at the time

However Best & Moore are lauded (quite rightly), but Greaves seems to have been forgotten. I guess Geoff Hurst eclipsed him.

Did Bobby More get favourable treatment?
Not in life, but in death he is celebrated. Would be nice for Jimmy if he could be celebrated before he dies. Sadly Bobby didn't get the recognition he deserved while he was still with us

Did Bobby More get favourable treatment?
No he didn't from the FA certainly,ok Bobby liked a jar,so what,compared with todays antics from certain players.
Yes give Jimmy a knighthood and a belated one for our Bobby,as my uncle Mac used to say"proper players".

Back