• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Job Interview Experiences

Shrimper James

I went for an interview this morning for a new job. Basically, i thought it went okay but i didn't really get a good vibe from them and i doubt i'll get the job.

Basically, has anybody on this board ever been for a job interview that sucked, yet got offered the job?

James

I went for an interview this morning for a new job. Basically, i thought it went okay but i didn't really get a good vibe from them and i doubt i'll get the job.

Basically, has anybody on this board ever been for a job interview that sucked, yet got offered the job?

James

I went for an interview last month, with my recruitment agency sorted out for me. I asked them what the format was going to be and they said it would be a formal chat, to see whether they liked me and discuss my past experience etc and I would be interviewed by one lady.

When I got there I was interviewed by the lady and the office manager, and after about 10 minutes the senior partner strolled in. We had a general chat and then they asked me very specific technical questions...about 10 in total, to which I bluffed a half answer to one, and couldnt even begin to make up the answers to the other questions. Saying "I really dont know" 9 times is a pretty good conversation dampner. Anyway, amazingly 2 weeks later they said they liked me, thought I had potential and offered me the job. Was a big surprise!

Yep happened to me with my first job, I came out called teh agency, told them I thought that it went **** then he said well thats funny they have called us already and offered you the job! Then sometimes you get a really good vibe and think you have it in the bag only to be told you werent right for the job etc.

Problem with interviews is that they are usually conducted by a bunch of moody old battleaxes that cant remember the last time they smiled at work. Wouldnt read too much into it though, I guess you just have to wait and see! Good luck!

hehe interviews are funny ol' things.. i would definitely not take too much from the vibe you get. i had an phone interview a few months ago, they were going to ring me in the afternoon but instead rang in the morning when i was still in bed. she started firing off and i answered her questions. however she seemed to be doing the whole "i'm a ball-busting biatch who isn't to be fkd with!"... but i put her in her place when she was saying i was wrong... asked her some tough questions back and generally gave as good as i could get.

two days later she phoned back all nice and sucky and offered the placement to me... which i turned down! hah!

For the job I'm in now I didn't think I would get it as the interview went ok but not great.

Could have been a lot worse had I asked out the bird who was recruiting though!

In my experience of interviews, ones that you thought went well are often easier and harder to impress whereas ones that didn't seem to go well are often harder. Basically, I think interviewees tend to measure their performance on an absolute measure whereas interviewers tend to be a lot more relative on their assessments.

Never assume you haven't got it until they tell you.

I've got my first 'proper' job interview tommorow and i'm a bit nervous. I hate job interviews. And what makes it worse, is that it's for a Sales Administrator so it's completely different to an interview to work at the Garage at Tesco's!!

I've got my first 'proper' job interview tommorow and i'm a bit nervous. I hate job interviews. And what makes it worse, is that it's for a Sales Administrator so it's completely different to an interview to work at the Garage at Tesco's!!

So Sainsbury's got back to you then Hils ...:p

Just don't turn up as a goth or a grunge be respectable or you will have no hope

Ah, now I know why you wanted me to take you out tomorrow...! :D ;)

Good luck, Hils, you'll do fine. :)

Back