• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Joe Shaughnessy

Imo Joe was never the player I hoped we had signed, he was improving; but the signing of him suggested he was to be a "nailed on starter" but he was usually a reserve.
However he was also not, again imo, as poor as some suggest, he got better as he played more, if he had stayed then he could have been a steady CB for the coming season, but who can be 100% on these things.
Off pitch he seemed quiet and unintrusive, certainly not offensive or arrogant SO I do not understand the animosity towards him.

Perhaps you didn’t see his performances in the first three away league games which defined our 2019/20 season.......but he was not alone and was failed by Bond and a number of his team mates.

I actually thought he still could have been alright for us even after a shaky start. Better defender than Kiernan IMO
Kiernan weirdly avoided a lot of stick last season .. absolutely crap signing to be honest. Totally the wrong mentality. I would also put Joe on the team sheet ahead of him.

Kiernan weirdly avoided a lot of stick last season .. absolutely crap signing to be honest. Totally the wrong mentality. I would also put Joe on the team sheet ahead of him.

In any other season nobody would stay in the team and be that bad. He was truly shocking and directly responsible for countless goals. Baring in mind i'm the first to claim its the team that concede and not just down to scapegoats.

The really annoying thing is it was not because of his ability but his selfish, unprofessional attitude to a club and fans that he owed big time.

Oh dear - second red card of the season today. Must have found some aggression from somewhere.

Captain and defeated in the cup semi-final against Livingston. Fairly solid, but does make you realise how poor the level is north of the builder.

Question? Is Joe a poor player, or was he just one of a number of okay players who failed in a hugely under achieving failed squad?
He, like others, has resurrected from our mire, and is doing well in Jockland.
Put simply, was he a donkey in a team of donkeys, or a fair player surrounded, & managed by asses?

Question? Is Joe a poor player, or was he just one of a number of okay players who failed in a hugely under achieving failed squad?
He, like others, has resurrected from our mire, and is doing well in Jockland.
Put simply, was he a donkey in a team of donkeys, or a fair player surrounded, & managed by asses?

The answer lies in ‘doing well in Jockland’.

Hammell played for the National team!

I thought he was ok to be fair, one of the better ones during that awful period. But what do I know! :Unsure:

You probably didn’t go to Lincoln…..
This club, the poisonous atmosphere and the idiots around him both on and off the pitch dragged him down. Like many, he had a 'mare of a game or 2, but he's a classy player and easily good enough for a top half League 1 team.

Last edited:
This club, the poisonous atmosphere and the idiots around him both on and off the pitch dragged him down. Like many, he had the a 'mare of a game or 2, but he's a classy player and easily good enough for a top half League 1 team.

Yeah right.

Back