• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Johan Cruyff RIP

Ricey

I’m a Mod, that’s unpossible⭐⭐
Staff member
Has died aged 68. Didn't know he was ill, wasnt he a heavy smoker? A great footballer in his day I've read so much about how great he was.

Has died aged 68. Didn't know he was ill, wasnt he a heavy smoker? A great footballer in his day I've read so much about how great he was.

20 a day until 1991, then gave up completely apparently. RIP Johan, before my time but a legend nonetheless.

Brilliant player, what a shame they couldnt beat the bloody Germans in 74, wouldve been fitting for him.

He was called the Dutch George Best , he was never near as good as George .

Brilliant player, what a shame they couldnt beat the bloody Germans in 74, wouldve been fitting for him.

Very ,very true...But the Germans cheated as usual..when the Germans are having a "hard" time,they turn to cheating.....and WIN
Was at wembley Feb 77...England v Holland,they battered us,2-0..they were the best team in the world then,he played.
All the English papers wrote the next day ,England MUST change the way we play,otherwise we will be left even further behind...we are STILL waiting!!
Great player,was not that keen on Germans,but neither were the Germans on him....liked a "beer & bird" or two...RIP great player..Holland are 2nd team,coz of him,after England

Probably my favourite ever player (outside of our national side), the Dutch side he played in got me interested in football at the highest level, and he was key to it. A tremendously skilled player, didn't realise he was as old as that to be honest. RIP Johan.

Yeah I agree, (in my own life time) the only other currently retired player that could sit on the same pedestol as Johan is Diego Maradona, (yes I know Pele is still alive, but just before my era to admire the genius). Cruyff was a real game changer both for all his clubs and aswell as for his country.

Nice full page photo in The Guardian today** :-

Cruyff.jpg

**Shame It's Rob Rensenbrink! :dim: :dim::blush:

Back