• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Any views as to a) why he came to Southend b) his capability and c) why he went back.

Nothing personal but it did all seem a little strange to me - even if (some say) there was no cost to S.U.F.C. - and not the lad's fault but I would rather have brought on Eastwood at Morecambe.

Any views as to a) why he came to Southend b) his capability and c) why he went back.

Nothing personal but it did all seem a little strange to me - even if (some say) there was no cost to S.U.F.C. - and not the lad's fault but I would rather have brought on Eastwood at Morecambe.

I said same about Britt when we signed him.

Some work out, some dont I guess.

I would only be guessing; Britt and Tomlin are obviously preferred, then BBBC and Fred are now playing and Benyon is also available: so the lad was surplus. It could have been different if BBBC and Fred had stayed on the sick with Bomber.
I had considered that PS was weighing him up for a long term loan if Britt does not remain after xmas.

Joins the likes of Darren Blewitt and Arnau Riera in the pointless loan signings hall of fame. Might be something to do with that stupid stuff he tweeted about not being picked for the Aldershot game. No loss, didn't think we needed him anyway. Close the door on your way out.

Pointless loan deal in hindsight but personally wasn't enthralled when the deal was announced.

Pointless loan and clearly had an attitude problem which seems to have dogged his fledgling career to date.

When he signed, his comments hinted that he never wanted to be here anyway, I think he was expecting to turn up, bag goals galore and return to P'boro within a month.

One other note - you always know a player will be cr@p when he turns up following these comments, he is a professional not a Sunday morning player: "Clarke-Harris, who can play upfront, on the wing or at left-back, is available for Saturday's trip to Rotherham.". :unsure:

Why such negativity towards a very young lad? it didn't work out for him or us.
Why not wish him well in his career and hope he had a good time and learnt more about lower league aspects of football which he will use to motivate himself?
If any player was thinking of coming to US, on loan, and read lots of the comments on here then I wonder if he might think long and twice about it.
It doesn't cost anything to be polite and rudeness is not clever or smart - just rude.

Why such negativity towards a very young lad? it didn't work out for him or us.
Why not wish him well in his career and hope he had a good time and learnt more about lower league aspects of football which he will use to motivate himself?
If any player was thinking of coming to US, on loan, and read lots of the comments on here then I wonder if he might think long and twice about it.
It doesn't cost anything to be polite and rudeness is not clever or smart - just rude.

What he said above. Spot on. :thumbsup:

Back