• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Journeys home

So what were your experiences on the way home?
I was in Coach B on the 18:30 from Swansea and it was absolutely rockin!! All that singing on the underground was amazing aswell. A truly special day.

Had to get the 5.30 from swansea. Missed the celebrations at end of match and no atmosphere on way home
sad.gif
but we r goin up
smile.gif

I was outside the ground waiting for Park n ride coach till 6.15 by which time the Swansea players were leaving in their cars and getting some stick from us as they did so. Each Southend supporters coach left to rappturous mutual applause from the remaining hoardes of Shrimpers !! . I turned and asked me mate if we had lost it as we were standing there applauding a coach !!!! What a day !!!!
biggrin.gif

We were on the first Park and ride out of the ground and was a great touch to be applauded away from Swansea fans.

We then stopped off at a pub in Bristol for a meal and a few drinks before getting back to Southend at 1ish. Lager + long journey = loads of Service Stops.

I was on coach b on the 6:30 2. What a trip. loved the singing and the conga on the train. then when we got to paddington we shook the building with the singing excellent boys well done. all the way 2 liverpool street singing.
What a day.
We Are Bk Where We Belong
1 LEAGUE AWAY FROM THE ELITE

I was on the second park and ride coach out of the ground, and also thought it was a nice touch to be applauded as we left. Although there was a few jealous twerps who gave us the two fingers etc
biggrin.gif

Found the park and ride no probs!

Stopped off at Reading services and was congratulated by the manager in Ladbrokes betting shop. He seemed a top bloke and was asking about Freddy etc.

He said are we gonna do a Reading next season, i said "i hope so".
biggrin.gif

I had one bet in there on a dog at Sittingbourne. There was no form on show, so just had to go on the names. There was this dog called All Blue, so i just had to back it. It came second @ 9/2. Oh well can't win 'em all!!

We are going up!!!

Enjoyed the day lots!!! I'll remember it forever

UP THE BLUES!

Car full of happy Shrimpers made our way back down the motorway.....i was the only one awake by the time we got about 10 miles the right side of the bridge!

Fortunately it was me driving....i had to sing to myself for the rest of the journey
laugh.gif

I caught the 159 to Neath (getting off near Llansamlet station) on which I chatted to a few Swans fans who enjoyed the game (and congratulated us) then walked the final few 100 yards home and sat glued to SSN for the rest of the evening

[b said:
Quote[/b] (simac21 @ April 30 2006,10:58)]I was on coach b on the 6:30 2. What a trip. loved the singing and the conga on the train. then when we got to paddington we shook the building with the singing excellent boys well done. all the way 2 liverpool street singing.
What a day.
Was on that too, was loads of Southend on there. We were in the quiet coach
laugh.gif

It was funny when we were doing the conga, and as soon as we got into first class the train manager kicked up a stink and said we couldn't do it in there!

Some good singing on the tube back, a bit of Paul Simon's You Can Call Me Al and "London is sh!t", quality.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Jai @ April 30 2006,22:52)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (simac21 @ April 30 2006,10:58)]I was on coach b on the 6:30 2. What a trip. loved the singing and the conga on the train. then when we got to paddington we shook the building with the singing excellent boys well done. all the way 2 liverpool street singing.
What a day.
Was on that too, was loads of Southend on there. We were in the quiet coach  
laugh.gif

It was funny when we were doing the conga, and as soon as we got into first class the train manager kicked up a stink and said we couldn't do it in there!

Some good singing on the tube back, a bit of Paul Simon's You Can Call Me Al and  "London is sh!t", quality.
i wish i could remember that 6:30 train and the tubes..

left hamilton hall at l street and god knows what time

[b said:
Quote[/b] ] It was funny when we were doing the conga, and as soon as we got into first class the train manager kicked up a stink and said we couldn't do it in there!

I had to stop at the Buffet carriage to catch my breath and wait for you guys to come back again  
cool.gif

Lets hope for some more amazing away trips again next season.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (EastStandBlue @ April 30 2006,10:57)]We were on the first Park and ride out of the ground and was a great touch to be applauded away from Swansea fans.

We then stopped off at a pub in Bristol for a meal and a few drinks before getting back to Southend at 1ish. Lager + long journey = loads of Service Stops.
Ironic that you stopped in Bristol, next week's visitors to the Hall!

[b said:
Quote[/b] (shrimptank @ April 30 2006,19:14)]Car full of happy Shrimpers made our way back down the motorway.....i was the only one awake by the time we got about 10 miles the right side of the bridge!

Fortunately it was me driving....i had to sing to myself for the rest of the journey
laugh.gif
... and the idiot recorded it on his phone, including shots of the rest of us snoring our heads off
rock.gif

Back