• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Zone Update Just a reminder. Play the post!

Cricko

Zone Owner⭐⭐
Staff member
We all know that the club is in the middle of a **** storm we haven't seen before and of course this brings everybodies emotions (good and bad to the forefront).

Whilst we completely understand people are upset lets please continue to play the post and not the poster.. Every single member on here is entitled to their opinions whether you agree with them or not.

Play nicely please people.

We all know that the club is in the middle of a **** storm we haven't seen before and of course this brings everybodies emotions (good and bad to the forefront).

Whilst we completely understand people are upset lets please continue to play the post and not the poster.. Every single member on here is entitled to their opinions whether you agree with them or not.

Play nicely please people.
Absolutely, agree.
It baffles me how posters resort to 'clueless', 'stupid', 'brain dead' - and all the rest because they bring a different point of view.
That other type of barb: 'you can't really support the club if you think that' makes me smile.
Sometimes, if only is what I think.
Surely, it has to be less wearing with a Man City hat on, lol?

When some on here use more personal terms about others I prefer to think it's the result of being passionate about the club they follow.
someone who doesn't entertain other views just feels that strongly about the issue maybe!
I'm happy with passionate personal views and if someone doesn't wish to consider my thoughts, I've no problem at all.
if someone comes up with derogatory personal remarks, chances are it's just how they deal with different opinions in every walk of life.
anyone can choose to ignore remarks on here. It's just a discussion forum and doesnt pose a threat. It's just words!

Very good point @Cricko
Can I also suggest the ignore option is used on posters which/who get on any individual's wick.

Ive never understood those that choose the ignore button. I’ve never felt the need or the desire to use it.

I mean of course there are posters I don’t always agree with...and those that I regularly disagree with and who disagree with me ? but I still enjoy reading their posts even if only to spark debate by provoking me to reply...it’s what makes replying or posting interesting! What I’d also say is even those that I disagree with most frequently, will occasionally post things I agree with and I always make sure I ‘like’ the post.

Ive never understood those that choose the ignore button. I’ve never felt the need or the desire to use it.

I mean of course there are posters I don’t always agree with...and those that I regularly disagree with and who disagree with me ? but I still enjoy reading their posts even if only to spark debate by provoking me to reply...it’s what makes replying or posting interesting! What I’d also say is even those that I disagree with most frequently, will occasionally post things I agree with and I always make sure I ‘like’ the post.

Who said that?

When some on here use more personal terms about others I prefer to think it's the result of being passionate about the club they follow.
someone who doesn't entertain other views just feels that strongly about the issue maybe!
I'm happy with passionate personal views and if someone doesn't wish to consider my thoughts, I've no problem at all.
if someone comes up with derogatory personal remarks, chances are it's just how they deal with different opinions in every walk of life.
anyone can choose to ignore remarks on here. It's just a discussion forum and doesnt pose a threat. It's just words!
'It's just words'? Interesting.
Wouldn't you say they were more powerful, more provoking; sometimes more hurtful than anything else?
Anybody who resorts to a personal attack is usually doing so because they can't debate. That's different to 'passionate'.

just to say to all the people who have been unpleasant to me, belittled me, taken the p+ss, suggested am I stupid or ignorant -

in particular in regarding my views on the former manager, or over the correct analysis of the Sainsburys money -

I really don't mind it at all ... please carry on - do keep digging cos I am good with words and will give back double what you give out ;-)

I personally like it when people expose the sadness of their inner selves

just to say to all the people who have been unpleasant to me, belittled me, taken the p+ss, suggested am I stupid or ignorant -

in particular in regarding my views on the former manager, or over the correct analysis of the Sainsburys money -

I really don't mind it at all ... please carry on - do keep digging cos I am good with words and will give back double what you give out ;-)

I personally like it when people expose the sadness of their inner selves
Not really sure thats the intended spirit of the thread tbh.

got to maintain a sense of humour at all times ..
Let’s face if we support this club we have to have a sense of humour. And yes we might disagree .... but we all want the same thing, for this club to win games and climb the league.
We all have different ideas about how to achieve that but none of us would be here unless we cared. We’re all Blues fans for our sins.

Let’s face if we support this club we have to have a sense of humour. And yes we might disagree .... but we all want the same thing, for this club to win games and climb the league.
We all have different ideas about how to achieve that but none of us would be here unless we cared. We’re all Blues fans for our sins.

To me it's not just about winning games and climbing the league, though. It's about being part of the football community. Seeing someone walking down Southend High Street with a shrimpers shirt on, and saying "up the blues", and them replying "blue army" with a huge smile...it's seeing Roots Hall packed with kids messing about with Sammy the Shrimp and cheering on their local team with their scarf around their neck and a programme and burger in their hands...it's seeing 30,000 fans at the Millennium Stadium, with your kids, their grandparents and all your friends waving blue flags and singing their hearts out...it's having banter with our 6 fingered rivals up the A12, of who is the best team in Essex...It's moaning about the performance of the ref and his assistants as you walk down Shakespeare Drive, only to find your car has been clamped...it's about turning up to Port Vale away, being unable to park up and missing the first 5 mins...it's about seeing our keeper get sent off and watching our striker Tes Bramble don the gloves...it's about putting a bet on Macca to get a yellow card and winning another 45p.

Let's get on, and do our best to make sure those days return !

Last edited:
To me it's not just about winning games and climbing the league, though. It's about being part of the football community. Seeing someone walking down Southend High Street with a shrimpers shirt on, and saying "up the blues", and them replying "blue army" with a huge smile...it's seeing Roots Hall packed with kids messing about with Sammy the Shrimp and cheering on their local team with their scarf around their neck and a programme and burger in their hands...it's seeing 30,000 fans at the Millennium Stadium, with your kids, their grandparents and all your friends waving blue flags and singing their hearts out...it's having banter with our 6 fingered rivals up the A12, of who is the best team in Essex...It's moaning about the performance of the ref and his assistants as you walk down Shakespeare Drive, only to find your car has been clamped...it's about turning up to Port Vale away, being unable to park up and missing the first 5 mins...it's about seeing our keeper get sent off and watching our striker Tes Bramble don the gloves...it's about putting a bet on Macca to get a yellow card and winning another 45p.

Let's get on, and do our best to make sure those days return !
45p!!! Which bookie is that? I'm doing business with him in the future?

'It's just words'? Interesting.
Wouldn't you say they were more powerful, more provoking; sometimes more hurtful than anything else?
Anybody who resorts to a personal attack is usually doing so because they can't debate. That's different to 'passionate'.
Im aware that obviously some people can get hurt by nasty words more than others, its a very fair point to make CPM, but personally, I feel being intentionally hurt badly physically is more difficult to turn off, because for example if mugged in the street, there is no 'ignore' button or ability to not be involved in it or prevent it continuing. I guess that's my point that I maybe didn't put over very well. I don't see a site like this causing much harm because the individual has volunteered themselves to participate in it and they can volunteer not to.
Words on a social media site can be simply not looked at, given attention to, can be ignored, can be blocked, usually without fear of continuing further abuse from that person. Its just my thoughts and in no way distracts from the importance of how hurtful others feel words are.
Bit early in the week for me for counselling or therapy CPM :)

Im aware that obviously some people can get hurt by nasty words more than others, its a very fair point to make CPM, but personally, I feel being intentionally hurt badly physically is more difficult to turn off, because for example if mugged in the street, there is no 'ignore' button or ability to not be involved in it or prevent it continuing. I guess that's my point that I maybe didn't put over very well. I don't see a site like this causing much harm because the individual has volunteered themselves to participate in it and they can volunteer not to.
Words on a social media site can be simply not looked at, given attention to, can be ignored, can be blocked, usually without fear of continuing further abuse from that person. Its just my thoughts and in no way distracts from the importance of how hurtful others feel words are.
'Some' people? You mean all people, surely?
Being mugged is another dimension, but here's the real question: why would people resort to intentionally wounding online in the first place?

'Some' people? You mean all people, surely?
Being mugged is another dimension, but here's the real question: why would people resort to intentionally wounding online in the first place?
Nope, I definitely meant some people. Its why I typed some people not all.
Because not all people are hurt by nasty words. Im not, and know lots of people who also aren't. Do I sometimes find them aggravating? probably. Sometimes rude? possibly. Offensive? maybe. Hurt?...nope .not really.
Obviously there are levels of nastiness. I wasn't referring to offensive words in political, racial, religious ways, because im referring to words used against people on a league 2 football club fans forum.
I cant be doing with Facebook, Instagram and the likes because they do contain offensive people that like to attack personally in political, racial, religious ways which I don't like. Ive simply no time for those people, and to answer your question, Ive no idea what drives those people to intentionally wound online on such sites other than mental illness, attention deficit disorders or the weird enjoyment of causing problems for others etc....
Anyway, that's my lot on this subject CPM :)

Because not all people are hurt by nasty words. Im not, and know lots of people who also aren't. Do I sometimes find them aggravating? probably. Sometimes rude? possibly. Offensive? maybe. Hurt?...nope .not really.
Obviously there are levels of nastiness. I wasn't referring to offensive words in political, racial, religious ways, because im referring to words used against people on a league 2 football club fans forum.
I cant be doing with Facebook, Instagram and the likes because they do contain offensive people that like to attack personally in political, racial, religious ways which I don't like. Ive simply no time for those people, and to answer your question, Ive no idea what drives those people to intentionally wound online on such sites other than mental illness, attention deficit disorders or the weird enjoyment of causing problems for others etc....
Because they r inadequate bullies

Not quite mine.
I'm not sure why and how you're speaking on behalf of the entire Zone, friend?
Unless you've conducted a poll, when I wasn't looking, you and I can't know if it's 'some or 'all'.
I have an idea.
Call every single member a name that's likely to offend; and when a person comes back with 'that doesn't bother me' you'll have proved your point.
I'm not sure what you're standing would be with the other 99%, mind...

Back