• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Just Duds then...

fbm

Blue tinted optimist⭐
In the Echo tonight...

Nicolau and Smith set to sign new deals. Duds yet to be offered an improved deal.

I guess Tillys waiting to see if he gets his man.

Possibly, im a little worried that he is not looking to get his man, and keep Dudders, surely that would have us with 4 strikers, and we all know three wont be enough

Tilly said he's wanting a 1st team squad of 22.
Now using the usual split of squads for tournaments & experience of Championship/Football Manager, I'd say we need at least 4 or 5 strikers in that 22.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Shrimper2thecore @ June 27 2005,12:37)]Possibly, im a little worried that he is not looking to get his man, and keep Dudders, surely that would have us with 4 strikers, and we all know three wont be enough
Depends on how good a job he thinks Lawson will do if needed.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (fbm @ June 27 2005,12:41)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (Shrimper2thecore @ June 27 2005,12:37)]Possibly, im a little worried that he is not looking to get his man, and keep Dudders, surely that would have us with 4 strikers, and we all know three wont be enough
Depends on how good a job he thinks Lawson will do if needed.
If Kightly didn't get another year despite his loan spell (from which he gained some 1st team experience) there's no way on earth Lawson is ready for the 1st XI.

tounge.gif
to Kev

laugh.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (The General @ June 27 2005,12:43)]Should have kept Tes ...
Kev - enough of this "should have kept Tes" banter!!

Let's face it, his best performance for us last year was between the sticks for heaven's sake!! While I wish him the very best of luck at Stockport, he's nowhere near good enough for League 1.

We need to keep Dudders, as we need 4 strikers next season and I'm not convinced that Wayne Gray will be up to it.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (shooter mcgavin @ June 27 2005,13:06)]Let's face it, his best performance for us last year was between the sticks for heaven's sake!! While I wish him the very best of luck at Stockport, he's nowhere near good enough for League 1.
Well said

Oh and can I just say thanks fbm, and can you continue to post updates of what's in the Echo each day like you have been? It's really helpful to the likes of myself who are out of the region as their site has gone very sporadic with their news lately. There's only been one update in the last 2 weeks nearly.

smile.gif

[b said:
Well if he doesn't get his man but Duds signs on it will still leave us with only 3 strikers, not four.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Tilly's Prodical Son @ June 27 2005,20:33)]I think we need to send out Tilly on another lower leagues scouting mission and find us another Freddy Eastwood!
I would be glad if Tilly bought all his players from the bargain basement. The Gaffer has an eye for the talented and in my opinion there is very little between good Conference players and the majority of those from Lg 1 and Lg2. There is only going to be a handful of sides in Lg 1 that could dominate and as long as we do well against the rest it should be a fairly comfortable season of consolidation that does not need the pressure of large transfer fees and high wages. Bring it on!!
smile.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Andy_S @ June 27 2005,18:56)]Oh and can I just say thanks fbm, and can you continue to post updates of what's in the Echo each day like you have been? It's really helpful to the likes of myself who are out of the region as their site has gone very sporadic with their news lately. There's only been one update in the last 2 weeks nearly.

smile.gif
Of course...

Back