• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

I'm guessing McNasty and Cricko ....... ???

Was one surround by groupies? Then it was JC and his love truck.

Elderly-women-happier-when-their-partners-are-no-more-says-study.jpg

If I wasn't living in Yorkshire it would have been me.

I am surprised our graffiti boys from the 1960's & 70's haven't been out spraying

New sig for you to make sure the ShrimperZone remains totally impartial. :winking:

EPspTW.gif

Sad to hear that. "Liquid Ray just loves to Spray" etc etc....I never realised he was a real person.
''Liquid Ray is back''.....''Liquid Ray is here to stay'' were also some of his work, normally near the Dickens area of Southend.
Yes he was a real person and a character. He was nicknamed Liquid Ray because we all saw him drink but never eat. So yes, he was an alcoholic, but a very slow drinker, so made his drinks last and didn't over do it often. That's why he lasted so long. Most thought he wouldn't make 30, but he made it to about double that.

Last edited:
''Liquid Ray is back''.....''Liquid Ray is here to stay'' were also some of his work, normally near the Dickens area of Southend.
Yes he was a real person and a character. He was nicknamed Liquid Ray because we all saw him drink but never eat. So yes, he was an alcoholic, but a very slow drinker, so made his drinks last and didn't over do it often. That's why he lasted so long. Most thought he wouldn't make 30, but he made it to about double that.

What happened to Jabba the slut?

Ray came on my stagnight to Holland. He and Podge were going to Amsterdam to sell Tee-Shirts on a Simple Minds tour. We bunked them onto the ferry and got them to Holland for free. Podge and me performed so much on the way to Hook of Holland that armed police were waiting for us, can't blame them it was 3 days after Heysell and Europeans were a bit touchy about having a coach load of Southend loons acting up. Podge and Ray then lost focus and stayed with us, got drunk, and then ended up on the ferry back. Still with a load of tee shirts and trying to work out how they could bunk back on the next ferry.

That must be some party they are having up there in Heaven atm, as long as they can keep Peter Knight quiet.:winking:

Back