• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Transfer News and Gossip Kabongolo Departs

Transfer news
I’d like to say thank you for being here and representing the club in our darkest hours. Thought he was decent when he played both in defence and attack but appreciate there is a budget
Let's not also forget that with the players we've signed and kept hold of, he was way down the pecking order for a start. His contract offer probably reflected this. So that, coupled with being down the list for the starting 11, may have made him fancy his chances elsewhere. No issues with that. We have Kensdale, Taylor, Ralph, Crowther and maybe Lomas. When all fit, he is probably 6th choice.

As others have said, played his part in earning valuable points and will always be respected for playing in different positions during a difficult time.

We thank him and move on.

This is disappointing.

Kabongolo has incredible physical attributes, and I wanted to see him develop into the CCB role. Especially as there was no rush due to his age and Kensdale’s place being secure.

But, as is always the case, we only want players who want to be at the club.

Disappointing news but we shouldn't be breaking wage structure/budget for players who aren't significantly important players.

He has gone from starting in the team to not now making the bench which he must have realised would likely happen when the embargo was lifted and the need for us to recruit more experienced players.Its always dissapointing that players want to leave but clearly Kev has said many times he only wants players who want to be at the club.We move on as always

This is disappointing.

Kabongolo has incredible physical attributes, and I wanted to see him develop into the CCB role. Especially as there was no rush due to his age and Kensdale’s place being secure.

But, as is always the case, we only want players who want to be at the club.
I guess my problem with this statement is, who was it that didn't want him to be here? Him or his old man?

Another damning indictment of football agency, whether it's a family member playing the role or not. I understand players wanting to be entirely hands off with contract stuff so they can just focus on football, but footballers in general seem to be a little bit too acquiescent to agents sometimes. At what point does a footballer step in and say "I'd rather stay here and I think you're being unrealistic with your demands for my wage - sort it out"?

Back