• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

colonelnutter

First XI
Is i ttrue that Kane Ferdnand is not contracted fully to the club?

If so - seems to me a mad situation. Ok based on only a few games but I think he is one of the most promising young (18?) players I have seen for us in a long time. someone said they reminded him of Makele - of course OTT - but really see the potential. And I thought he did ok today when he had to go into central defence, which I understand was where he started.

To me he looks like a gem. Sign him up!

Yeah Kane is centre half/ rightback for the youths/ reserves but no is not signed up to apro contract but Sturrock is discussing terms on a deal right now

I am sure he will be signed up soon to a proper contract he deserves it and SUFC would be mad to delay it ...........has great composure does the simple things for the moment and as he eases himself into league football will develope the confidence to go forward a bit more he certainly has the pace and looks strong on the ball
and dont forget he is probably playing to insructions from the bench.........word of caution tho he needs protecting as we dont want him to burn out so dont put to much pressure on him if he has a bum game as long as he continues learn

Word inside the camp is... He has been offered a pro deal which he has intially turned down. He wants to sign the contract but wants a wage that reflects his performances and his value to the side.

Word inside the camp is... He has been offered a pro deal which he has intially turned down. He wants to sign the contract but wants a wage that reflects his performances and his value to the side.

He wants to get paid! how ridiculous, does he not know this is Southend United...:winking:

Dougie Freedman is looking at Kane aswell. Knows him from this time at Southend. Could steal him away if he doesnt sign this contract soon.

Played the full 90 minutes for Ireland's U19s today according to the OS.

Agent maybe playing him about??

Dougie Freedman is looking at Kane aswell. Knows him from this time at Southend. Could steal him away if he doesnt sign this contract soon.

Have heard on very good authority that he is on Chrissy Powell's radar as well. Mind you playing for Ireland certainly won't keep him hidden away and I would imagine that any club with anything like a half decent scout would know all about him. Still, he sounds like he's got the right attitude from the article in the Irish press, having said that why shouldn't the lad negotiate the best deal he can get off of us, just so long as it's a Southend contract he signs.....

Have heard on very good authority that he is on Chrissy Powell's radar as well. Mind you playing for Ireland certainly won't keep him hidden away and I would imagine that any club with anything like a half decent scout would know all about him. Still, he sounds like he's got the right attitude from the article in the Irish press, having said that why shouldn't the lad negotiate the best deal he can get off of us, just so long as it's a Southend contract he signs.....

It's probably not going to help our cause if players aren't getting paid again.

Even if he sits and walks at the end of his current deal, as he's under 24 we'll be due a fee anyway... It won't be the most comprehensive package you've ever seen, but the powers that be have made substantial efforts to improve what's awarded under tribunal and nearly all deals include sell-ons, fees after appearances etc.

Apparently he has until mid March to sign, after which he can walk for free:

Skysports.com understands Kane Ferdinand has put a cluster of Championship sides on high alert after he turned down a contract offer from Southend.
The 18-year-old cousin of Manchester United
spacer.gif
defender Rio Ferdinand has managed to establish himself in the Shrimpers first team with some mature displays at the heart of their midfield.
In recent weeks Roots Hall
spacer.gif
has been busy with scouts eager to see the teenager, who is still on a scholarship contract.
Crystal Palace
spacer.gif
and Nottingham Forest
spacer.gif
are reportedly among the front-runners to snare the midfielder should he opt to further his footballing education at a higher level.
Enquiries

Indeed, the interest of these clubs has prompted the League Two outfit to put a professional deal to the Under-19 Republic of Ireland
spacer.gif
international.
Under the terms of his scholarship contract, if Ferdinand fails to sign a professional contract by mid-March he will be able to walk away for free.
Ferdinand's agent Matthew Southall said: "Kane has done very well over the last few weeks. He has shown his versatility and maturity and settled into the team well.
"There have been one or two enquiries which I expected but, at the moment, he is a Southend United
spacer.gif
player and is happy to be playing regularly and hopefully we can sort his contract out over the coming weeks."

Local Brighton rag says Brighton, Palace, Charlton and QPR I think it was are all monitoring the situation. Hope we sign him up soon.

Back