• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

As I said previously he might be the one to make way for Timlin's full-time move. A like for like change.

We'll struggle to bring him in without losing at least one key player because we're on top of the wage cap at the moment.

If this story is to be believed then maybe one or two others will attempt to take a chance on him in jan in case they miss out. I'm expecting Peterborough to make a move as they've been monitoring him all season.

And I also still think a swift move will be made for Hall in Jan.

Glad I didn't start this thread otherwise the pessimism and fishing around jibes will have been out in force.

However these are my honest opinions.

Have to say, £500k (with suitable clauses for add-ons such as number of games, and % of sell on) is a tidy bit of business for an unproven player from the bottom division...

If it's true, and it could just be the Sun making up space with a couple of photos in it's Friday edition, then I would wish him the best of luck.

p.s. Good bit of advertising for both the club and Insure and Go...

Coming from a west ham supporting family I'm already getting twxts asking "what's this Kane Ferdinand like?"

Take the money (plus suggested selling on fee) and bring Timlin in. I'd be more than happy with that. Hoping Swindon won't hold us to ransom if they want a fee...

As I said previously he might be the one to make way for Timlin's full-time move. A like for like change.

We'll struggle to bring him in without losing at least one key player because we're on top of the wage cap at the moment.

If this story is to be believed then maybe one or two others will attempt to take a chance on him in jan in case they miss out. I'm expecting Peterborough to make a move as they've been monitoring him all season.

And I also still think a swift move will be made for Hall in Jan.

Glad I didn't start this thread otherwise the pessimism and fishing around jibes will have been out in force.

However these are my honest opinions.

The thing is about this is I don't personally consider Kane a key player. He's no doubt very talented as he's still really young and doesn't look out of place in our side. Also at times he wins the ball back and has a bit of a swagger about him. But he has still gone missing in games and there's been lots of calls for him to be the one to make way when we've needed to alter the midfield in recent weeks.

This rumour did the rounds in the summer and never amounted to anything so we'll wait and see but I'd much rather lose Kane than Ryan Hall or even Granty.

I'm gonna need some ketchup with that arm.

Seriously though, it's in The Sun - it has about as much credibility as the football rumours site

Take the money and run. Useful box to box player, plenty of time to improve and prove me wrong. But if it was me choosing the side he would be 4th or 5th choice centre mid

That being said its probably a media story made up on the basis of his surname

Not this old chesnut again.

If anyone came up with £500k for Kane, I would drive him there myself.

He's got a good agent. I'll give him that!

Last edited:
What is that alien lump on the side of his head?!!

Would be a great bit of business for the club, especially with a sell-on clause. If it freed us up to sign Timlin I think that would be even better.

He's listed as a Centre-half who can also play in midfield on Football Manager.

Did the Sun get this information by hacking Tara Brady's phone?.:winking:

Back