• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Karl Dugoid ''My life won't change''

Prodigal Son

Manager
Karl said on BBC Essex that his ''life won't change'' no matter what he's done or what Kevin Maher says.

Also said he is ''looking forward to coming to Roots Hall'' next year.

How does everyone feel about this?

If you see him Christmas shopping at Lakeside will you say 'hi Karl, Happy New Year!''

When he gets off the coach next April, will you seek his autograph from one so famous?

i cannot wait to he comes to roots hall..

[b said:
Quote[/b] (fredheim_holm @ Nov. 25 2006,20:55)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (Prodigal Son @ Nov. 25 2006,20:51)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (CS J @ Nov. 25 2006,20:50)]i cannot wait to he comes to roots hall..
Why wait?
I suppose we could abduct him instead...
hell.. i like your thinking,
you are given a CS J rating on 4.. out of 10

[b said:
Quote[/b] (macima @ Nov. 25 2006,21:09)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (fredheim_holm @ Nov. 25 2006,21:00)]So who's going to make the abusive banner then?
Here's his interview:

Karl Duguid
"Sorry we can't bring you the programme you requested"

Would that programme be a fair derby match Duguid?
mad.gif

(p.s. he has a very female voice)

I am sure he does! But he will regret stepping foot in Southend in April!!!

Now you now how we felt/feel about Broughton. This is football, not badminton, it's an emotional game. But it's a well-known fact that Doogie thrives on opposition hatred, he'll be loving this type of thread.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (ColUShifty @ Nov. 26 2006,03:47)]But it's a well-known fact that Doogie thrives on opposition hatred, he'll be loving this type of thread.
Perhaps he would like a few SUFC fans to pop round to Sunnyside Road to have a discussion if he thrives on opposition fans' opinions.

Well done, you know where he lives. Which makes you prime suspect if anything like that does happen.

This is hilarious.

We call Doogie "Mr Col******r United". I don't think he's going to lose too much sleep having upset our bitter rivals. He will be loving all this.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (ColUShifty @ Nov. 26 2006,03:47)]Now you now how we felt/feel about Broughton. This is football, not badminton, it's an emotional game. But it's a well-known fact that Doogie thrives on opposition hatred, he'll be loving this type of thread.
Is it really comparable though, ColUshifty? Whether or not to play on when a player is down has always been a debatable point, and nowadays the official advice is to play to the whistle and let the ref decide. Nonetheless, I know that not everyone was comfortable with what happened, but it wasn't blatant cheating aimed at a fellow pro.

What Duguid did was the worst sort of action, even worse IMHO than diving to gain a penalty or freekick. Three seasons ago, I wrote up a lengthy account of my trip down to Carlise, and in it I commented on Gower taking a dive as if he had been shot when his opponent hadn't touched him, and I expressed my dismay forcefully. Luckily for everyone the ref ignored it. Now to the best of my knowledge, Gower has never done that again (try to get a pro sent off).

The feedback we are getting from North Essex is that Mr. Duguid is known for doing this. That HAS to be unacceptable, surely? I would hate to support a team that harboured an habitual cheat, it would leave a constant sour taste in my mouth. And the only way to stop this is for EVERYONE to refuse to condone such behaviour, and for UEFA to start using any and all video evidence to weed out "simulation" and punish heavily those guilty of it.

Back