• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Karl Lansley's 'Poignant Pilgrimage'

This post has been put up here with the kind permission of the Mods.

A number of you will be aware of Karl's story. Just over seven years ago, he tragically lost his wife Carli to a sudden cardiac arrest. It was all so instant, and Karl was left to bring up his two young children without her, which he does with loving care.

With the support of his family, Karl has set up a charity in his wife's name, the 'Carli Lansley Foundation - keeping young hearts healthy', which is devoted to raising funds to provide heart screening programmes for the young.

Karl and his two children are season ticket holders at Roots Hall, and the club has supported his endeavours - JD is one of the patrons.

Karl's 1,000 mile pilgrimage in many ways is part of his healing process, but he is also raising money to support his charity's aims.

Yesterday my wife and I joined Karl at Portsmouth for just 1% of his overall pilgrimage - we were quite knackered at the end of it and it made us appreciate Karl's efforts even more. A theme of his journey so far has been the kindness shown by people along the way, many until now just strangers, who have helped with accommodation as well as donations, or just given him some walking company (yesterday for part of the walk we were joined by someone from a local rambling group).

His walk is due to end on 24 July at our beloved Roots Hall. Lets of course all hope that by then we all still have a club to welcome him back to.

If you would like to help Karl get to his fundraising target please just click HERE to get to the Just Giving page. He is aware that I am posting up here on his behalf, and I know he would really appreciate any help that can be given.

Thank you. 💙

447713615_10162425416711015_5552026394291191905_n.jpg

Karl has heavily promoted this on Facebook, there are some stretches that he's walking on his own, and the odd one or two are ok, but he has found these hard if there's a few solitary days in a row. If you're an Exile who is able to join in, and would like to, then do get in touch with him and I'm sure he would welcome the support.

Back