• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Keepmoat Stadium

Is it me or do they build the roofs too high on these new stadiums ? Yesterdays game at one point saw the whole stadium sat ten rows back due to the wind gusting and the rain.

The sad thing for me is once you are inside these bowles they are exactly the same as each other. I remember a few years back on match of the day you could tell which team was at home becouse each ground inside was unique, not any more.

Is it me or do they build the roofs too high on these new stadiums ? Yesterdays game at one point saw the whole stadium sat ten rows back due to the wind gusting and the rain.

The sad thing for me is once you are inside these bowles they are exactly the same as each other. I remember a few years back on match of the day you could tell which team was at home becouse each ground inside was unique, not any more.

your right they all the same. i really hope isn't going to be exactly the same as everyone else's. by the plans fossetts farm looks good and different. as they are the people who designed the emirates i have faith in them. i've been there and its amazing.

Bucket&SpadeFC rates Doncaster as his favourite football league ground.

:D :D :D

First thoughts when approaching the ground was that it was an excellent stadium but there was a few factors which wasnt great which were.

You cant get coaches down by the away end so away fans travaling by coach have to walk from the south end of the stadium (we were north end) so that is a bad design.

And also the roof

Mixed reactions all round...I spent 14 months of my life overseeing the building of that stadium!

Firstly, rooflines are higher on new stadia to allow the incorporation of executive areas/suites and boxes, and also to allow the correct lighting plots accross the pitch where the floodlights are mounted on the edge of the roof (see the MK and Ricoh arenas and New Meadow as prime examples).

Secondly, planning will inevitably dictate that 99% of new build stadia are positioned out of town. City/town centre land holds far far greater value as residential/commercial development.

Thirdly, the external facades are a neutral colour because the development is a community stadium and in no way connected to the football club!

Finally, we also did St Mary's amongst a number of other stadia, and trust me, the Keepmoat is far better build quality!

Mixed reactions all round...I spent 14 months of my life overseeing the building of that stadium!

Firstly, rooflines are higher on new stadia to allow the incorporation of executive areas/suites and boxes, and also to allow the correct lighting plots accross the pitch where the floodlights are mounted on the edge of the roof (see the MK and Ricoh arenas and New Meadow as prime examples).

Secondly, planning will inevitably dictate that 99% of new build stadia are positioned out of town. City/town centre land holds far far greater value as residential/commercial development.

Thirdly, the external facades are a neutral colour because the development is a community stadium and in no way connected to the football club!

Finally, we also did St Mary's amongst a number of other stadia, and trust me, the Keepmoat is far better build quality!

when it was very plain from the outside i thought it would be a comnunity thing also because they play rugby there to apparently.

when it was very plain from the outside i thought it would be a comnunity thing also because they play rugby there to apparently.

The rugby league side (now known as the Doncaster Dons) play in the main stadium. The reserves and Doncaster Rovers Belles play on the athletics stadium pitch next door.

The rugby league side (now known as the Doncaster Dons) play in the main stadium. The reserves and Doncaster Rovers Belles play on the athletics stadium pitch next door.

oh right, i thought that training pitch next door looked very impressive. these new stadiums seem to have a trainging pitch etc built alongside them. i remember northampton had one.

Obviously as a Donny fan I'm a bit biased so I will like the ground. Couple of things, it's not really that out of town (no further than Belle Vue which is only 10 minutes or so away - I even park at Belle Vue as it's free).

Never seen weather like that before whilst we've been at the Keepmoat and my mate who sits on the front row very rarely gets wet and didn't yesterday either so he must have been ok at his side.

It's daft about the coaches though and not well designed at all. The good thing I guess is that most home fans go the opposite way to where the away fans go as they head out towards the lake. The away fans are not exactly given the nicest side of the stadium so it looks a bit poor when they see the warehouses and the back of the shopping village (the opposite side is very nice).

Still lots of things to be improved there - no doubt there but it keeps improving by little bits and it's far better than we ever imagined we'd have.

Obviously as a Donny fan I'm a bit biased so I will like the ground. Couple of things, it's not really that out of town (no further than Belle Vue which is only 10 minutes or so away - I even park at Belle Vue as it's free).

Never seen weather like that before whilst we've been at the Keepmoat and my mate who sits on the front row very rarely gets wet and didn't yesterday either so he must have been ok at his side.

It's daft about the coaches though and not well designed at all. The good thing I guess is that most home fans go the opposite way to where the away fans go as they head out towards the lake. The away fans are not exactly given the nicest side of the stadium so it looks a bit poor when they see the warehouses and the back of the shopping village (the opposite side is very nice).

Still lots of things to be improved there - no doubt there but it keeps improving by little bits and it's far better than we ever imagined we'd have.

was quite a nice stadium in my opinion but why are you getting bigger crowds, your playing very great football and positioned well in the league. you'd think you would be nearly selling out.

I give the Keepmoat quite a positive vote. After all, I can still remember the away end at Belle Vue being basically a cage in the early 1990s and unlike some other grounds I don't think there is anything to miss about the old ground at all apart from that it was opposite the racecourse.

I agree that it is a good thing to have traditional style floodlights as it least gives the impression of a sports stadium when viewed from a distance.

I certainly wouldn't think it was out of town, no more than Fossetts would be. I got the bus from the station and it didn't seem far at all, even though the bus I was on went along a dual carriageway around a roundabout, back down the opposite side of the carriageway through a deserted industrial estate and back to the same roundabout. I walked back and it didn't take long although I did have to cross 4 lanes of traffic and go through an underpass where a man in his 50s was signing his name on the wall.

I expect I was the only person sad enough to climb the earth mound behind the stand to our left but there was a good view of the new stand at the racecourse from there and it seems the old ground was not actually that far away.

Just a shame about the result.

We parked in town and had a few drinks in the Wetherspoon.Fairly nice little town if you keep out of the drug-peddling little boozers!
Had a renovation recently including the stadium obviously and the people up there are genuinely freindly.Even saw one guy wandering around the town with a Millwall (spit) headgear/teacosy.He wished us good luck as we passed though wasn't too sure what he meant,good luck with the result or with the locals!
Took half an hour to walk to the ground and we were going some having come from the town centre so i would class it as edge of town.
I thought the stadium was a good one if a little lacking in it's own persona.

Bucket&SpadeFC rates Doncaster as his favourite football league ground.
:D :D :D

:hilarious: :hilarious:

I noticed someone with that flag having a bit of a heated discussion with the stewards - am I right in thinking he got ejected?

You be thinking right i didnt even get to see a ball kicked, tried to get in the home end but had my ticket taken from ....the word c8nt comes to mind when talking about the stewards

:hilarious: :hilarious:

You be thinking right i didnt even get to see a ball kicked, tried to get in the home end but had my ticket taken from ....the word c8nt comes to mind when talking about the stewards

Haha, quality mate!!!

Thought the best bit was when I phoned you when you was in Peterbrough :D

Back