• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Keith Alexander

Remember.....

"Lets face it Southend arent going to be there or thereabouts this season"

Well it seems that Keith has given Tilly and Brush the easiest way to motivate the squad.

Just print those words up and place them all around the changing rooms on Saturday.

Correct me if I'm wrong (and lets face it I often am
biggrin.gif
) but didn't he say that at a time when we were looking anything but challengers at the top end of the table?

Even so, it would be a great motivational tool...

Either way, I'd like to think the memory of Blackpool/Wrexham/Grimsby should be all the motivation the players need.

I think if we get our passing game going and Barrett, Prior and Flavs are right on top of their game then IMHO we'll win - perhaps comfortably.

Counting no chickens though...
oops.gif

He said it fairly early on in the season. To me that is just stupid. I just pray now that it will come back and bite him on the arse big time.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Spaceman Spiff @ May 23 2005,09:26)]I think if we get our passing game going and Barrett, Prior  and Flavs are right on top of their game then IMHO we'll win - perhaps comfortably.
Given the size if the Lincoln team they'll indeed need to be right on top of their game.

biggrin.gif

I was talking to Pettefer after the game, and I said that Macc were all over Lincoln in the second half because they played a simple passing game, and he agreed that if we get our passing game going they will struggle against us.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (londonblue @ May 23 2005,09:36)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (Spaceman Spiff @ May 23 2005,09:26)]I think if we get our passing game going and Barrett, Prior  and Flavs are right on top of their game then IMHO we'll win - perhaps comfortably.
Given the size if the Lincoln team they'll indeed need to be right on top of their game.

biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif

we have to be careful we don't eat our own words.keep a low profile and don't say too much or predict anything then we'll be fine
wink.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Benfleetshrimp @ May 23 2005,09:31)]He said it fairly early on in the season. To me that is just stupid. I just pray now that it will come back and bite him on the arse big time.
He said it after our 1-1 draw at Sincil Bank, our second game of the season.

The guy is a prized prat and I hope that Maher and the boys can shove them words down his throat.

Looks like Lincoln's chairman is getting a bit c**ksure as well.

Wright Sure Alexander Will Stay

To be fair, didn't Tilly say something equally as stupid before the Oxford away game? Along the lines of 'Oxford are a mediocre side who work very hard'.

I noticed that Lincoln were very triumphalist after the final whistle on Saturday. Alexander went out on the pitch beaming and shaking his fists.

This could be read one of two ways. Either, they were confident of victory over whoever they met at Cardiff. Or, the ambition was to get to simply get to the play-off final and take it from there.

We on the other hand were not displaying such triumphalist emotions. It seemed to be a case of well done, we've completed half the task.

FFS, why wouldn't all at the club be happy after reaching a play off final. What would you expect us all to do, just sit around looking glum. In fact, the Macclesfield players were giving it the high fives and looking very happy after the first leg at the Bank cos they thought they had done the hard work away only losing 1-0

As for KA comments, well most managers say things that are wrong. Doubt you would find a nicer guy in the game and as a manager, he has worked wonders at our club, like yours has done for you.

We won't underestimate you, you are a good side with good players who play nice football. If we lose we will take it on the chin and get on with it. Just like you, we know what its like getting to Cardiff and losing.

Back