• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Farmer Fossett

Youth Team⭐
I have not been to Roots Hall as much as I would have liked this season so am interested in getting the thoughts as to why Kevan Hirst is not in the starting 11. Has his form dropped or has he not adapted to the system we are playing (or combination of both)?

I thought he was pushing both Sean Clohessy and Ryan Leonard for player of the year for 2012-13 and 2013-14 season. According the SUFC website he scored 12 goals last season with the most assists in league 2. I personaly thought he was a player that could play at a far higher level and if he can reproduce the form of last season could still be an asset for us next season (he still has a year left on his contract).

Hasn't happened for him for one reason or another. Whenever he's had a run in the team he's been struck down by an injury. He still has a big part to play if he can get himself fit over pre-season.

Whenever I've seen him this season he's lost a good yard or two of pace, and he didn't have much to start with.

As Jai says, he could still be a really good player for us with a decent pre-season.

A hopeless case so far this season.His crossing,which is his strongest point,is poor. He can't beat a player.His injuries have certainly prohibited any advance in team play.

He's had a couple of injuries and just seems to have taken time to get back after them. I think he's also become a father for the 2nd time but not sure that should have any effect, unless there were concerns surrounding the health of the new baby or his missus.

Never really taking his chances when given so hasnt warranted being in the side.

Shame as he has been a quality player for us at times.

I have not been to Roots Hall as much as I would have liked this season so am interested in getting the thoughts as to why Kevan Hirst is not in the starting 11. Has his form dropped or has he not adapted to the system we are playing (or combination of both)?

I thought he was pushing both Sean Clohessy and Ryan Leonard for player of the year for 2012-13 and 2013-14 season. According the SUFC website he scored 12 goals last season with the most assists in league 2. I personaly thought he was a player that could play at a far higher level and if he can reproduce the form of last season could still be an asset for us next season (he still has a year left on his contract).

Started ok and was creating chances but there was nobody converting them. He wasn't scoring (or creating) as much and naturally his confidence dropped after a while and has struggled to get going since.

Back