• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Kevin Bond

I recall seeing John Bond whack an outrageous OG past Ernie Gregory one or two years ago! Did it on purpose I reckon. He was a bit maverick, bless him.

s-l1600.jpg

John Bond was made manager of a very ordinary Bournemouth side when I was living there
He turned them into a hugely entertaining and classy Div 3 team
McDougall Boyer Machin etc
Hope Kevin has picked up the threads?

John Bond was made manager of a very ordinary Bournemouth side when I was living there
He turned them into a hugely entertaining and classy Div 3 team
McDougall Boyer Machin etc

Hope Kevin has picked up the threads?

I remember that Macdougal,Boyer team very well.I lalways said they'd end up as Internationals for their respective countries.We can always live in hope for something similar I suppose.

Bloody hell, I remember those cards / stickers. I used to drive my parents potty. I think I was the only girl in the school collecting them, much to the other girls disgust and all of the boys amusement! They did swap with me, and I completed the book ?

I remember that Macdougal,Boyer team very well.I lalways said they'd end up as Internationals for their respective countries.We can always live in hope for something similar I suppose.
Remember when Southend played Bournmouth in the FA Cup 2nd round in 71 , when McDougall scored the second Bournmouth goal he stood in the goal giving the Southend supporters behind the goal the V sign laughing , never liked him after that .

Thought someone might have finished the song..... but then again not everyone is as old as me :Smile:

I remember watching Bournemouth v Southend in January 1974 at Dean Court. Bournemouth were all over us and could have won by several clear goals. Boyer was especially impressive. We had only three chances all night......... and scored them all.
Final score Bournemouth 1 Southend 3.

At least that's what my memory is, but I stand to be corrected by those who know.

Kevin Bond, always in the shadow of his father or Harry Redknapp. Will 2019/20 be the season that he finally emerges to become his own man? Will L1 triumph provide Bond with the recognition he has craved for so long and immortalise him forever in the hearts of the partisan Roots Hall tifosi?

Cheers. Just had a couple of cans.

Back